p155 poor customer service

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
fluff34567

As discussed with Drunkenmonkey the dealers name wont be displayed here but you can contact me for the name or search for one of the most northern lambretta spares dealers with a G20 post code and confirm the name with me.

I looked online and found a new crank and full bearing kit for a decent price, contacted the shop on a Friday and shop didn't have stock but confirmed 100% that they had just ordered cranks and the parts would be in on Tuesday, bearing kit was in stock ( so they said!) so order made and paid for.

Received a phone call on weds - crank wasn't available, only a 60mm stroke and not a standard 58, didn't work for me so requested refund on that part but to continue with the order of the bearing kit. A week passed, no refund, tried to contact again and again and again via email, phone whatsapp etc. nothing, no contact even though I could see the emails were delivered and read, same for the whatsapp messages. after another week of no refund or contact I opened a paypal dispute.

This spurred some action and I received a phone call.. " my phone was broken" how convenient it was fixed a few hours after I opened a dispute! Just 1 in the p155 poor long list of excuses, a refund was received 2 days later.

I was still waiting for the bearing kit.. I arranged the kit to be sent to a friend that was flying out to me about a week later but told the shop if they cant have it delivered by X date to tell me and I can give them another address. " yes no problems at all we can definitely get it there by then no worries"

Of course the item was posted 1 WEEK after the agreed date and after the friend had left, keep in mind this was now about 3 weeks after the initial order was placed.

When the kit was delivered to me it was in a thin card box with no padding, packing list or return address etc. The bearing kit certainly wasn't the "high quality" kit as promised on the website.. 1 of the needle cages had a needle missing and the other rollers would fall out of the cages on the other bearings. Another bearing was sealed when it should have been open, the quality of the needle roller bearings was also suspect. The rear hub bearing was the cheapest of the cheap indian bearing that looked and felt horrible.

I since ordered from a bearing shop and the INA needle roller bearings came in individual packets with INA stamped on the bag, they are totally different to those supplied from the dealer with far more rollers and a very obvious quality difference so the claim of "SKF/FAG/INA BEARINGS" is very suspect.

I tried to contact the shop again by all means possible but that was a waste of time , as suspected. I emailed them saying the kit would be returned.

I returned the kit as signed for as I knew there would be problems. Kit was delivered and signed for but of course no contact from the shop.

Refund request was made via paypal numerous times but it was ignored every time.

Paypal were useless with getting a refund so I went via the credit card company to get a refund.

non existent communication, lies and major difficulties getting a refund when something went wrong.

After searching for the name a bit more I found similar stories of communication issues (even on this site) and on another big lambretta site a few horror stories of restoration work that went badly wrong and then no responsibility being taken.

It amazes me that places like this are still in business!!
Last edited by fluff34567 on Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

and the reason is that they are not named :-/ There is no legal reason not to name them as all your experience can be proven but no one ever does.
Donnie.
fluff34567

Donnie wrote:and the reason is that they are not named :-/ There is no legal reason not to name them as all your experience can be proven but no one ever does.
Admin preferred people to message me rather than have the name in public.
fluff34567

I had a few messages with a suggested name and they were 100% correct!
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Many thanks for the reply. It was who I thought but I didn't like to say. I would suggest that everybody ask and spread the word. It's too far for me to go all.the way from Margate in the SE and bang on a door for my money back so I'm glad I know now. Convincing advertising so be warned.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

G20 postcode you say, is that not in Glasgow?
Donnie.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

G20 (or G-20 or Group of Twenty) is an international forum for the governments and central bank governors from 20 major economies.
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

I tend to visit that particular dealer in person.

I have been dealing with them for a good few years. I would guess that he was on holiday, and his customer service skills are not great when it comes to that.

Normally when I'm in seeing him, the phone is ringing constantly and he is running around like a headless chicken trying to package things up to get out the door.

He is a one man operation.

Just keep trying and it will be resolved. His website & ebay stores should say that he has been on holiday, but they dont.
charlton_supporter
Main scooter: LI150 Special

I have had a similar experience using eBay. No reply whatsoever after the original informing Item not arrived. No response even after informing I would have no option but to leave negative feedback and open a PayPal dispute.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

fluff34567

Total lack of communication seems to be the issue
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information