Exhaust for Mugello 186

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Blenks
Main scooter: Lambretta S3 Li150

Can anybody recommend an exhaust (original Ancillotti style) that will fit to a 186 Mugello? The lame is a series 3 Li 1962. I would like something that is fairly straight forward to fit and will not mean any tinkering with setup. If possible fit and go. As you may have gathered I am not very mechanically minded but willing and able to remove the PM tuning one currently fitted and refit the new one.
Cheers
Paul
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

42/48 mil clubman I find works well with the Mugello kit.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

I ran a Mugello several years ago with both an AF Clubman and, later, a PM like you. The PM was not enjoyable. Forever slipping the clutch. It was much more enjoyable to ride, even long distances, with the Clubman.

I suspect I am just endorsing what you too have found out ;-)

You will definitely need to alter your carb jetting though.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Scootopia clubman on my Mugello, well made and perfect fit.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I fitted the MB BGM big bore clubman to my muggy and it transformed the scooter, more power , smoother ride...more money but well worth it...
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

I've got an Ancillotti clubman on mine which is fine, if I was buying one now I would probably go for the BGM but that wasn't released back then
Blenks

Thanks for the replies. I have looked at all of the suggestions. My preference would be the scootopia based on what I've read. I have only found one supplier that has stock so may just order that £100 plus P&P. I have also considered the BGM clubman but I can only find it unpainted. A job I don't mind doing but I've read that they are still liable to corrosion. Plus they are pricey. I would need to get someone to re-jet for me but I know a few guys that could bail me out.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Can of BBQ paint works well..
Blenks

I have ordered the Scootopia Clubman. Hopefully it is as straightforward to fit as all I have read. I am not that concerned about any improvements to performance as the scoot runs pretty well with no issues in the two years I have owned it. I just want to get it back to looking as original as possible. Thanks for all the replies, recommendations and advice.
Blenks
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

There was an article on clubman pipes in last months scootering mag that featured the Scootopia pipe, worth looking at at it faired very well, be interesting to see how the BGM compares this month.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information