Mb rear bearings

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

does it just push out then saves heating casing and less risk of damage i think i would install it with the bearing in place so you get a true fit but in the future it should just tap out
fluff34567

I suppose if you install the housing with a bearing retaining compound you could tap it out from inside but I would be inclined to use a bearing puller from outside instead then no stress on the housing at all.
kejj

fluff34567 wrote:I suppose if you install the housing with a bearing retaining compound you could tap it out from inside but I would be inclined to use a bearing puller from outside instead then no stress on the housing at all.
Inhopp that i CSN replace the bearing without the housing moving out from the case. He who lives through a bearing will have to report back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fluff34567

Using a bearing puller is the best way
garry inglis

hi kejj can you help me understand your japanese lol
fluff34567

Hope bearing can be replaced without removing the housing. If someone has one and replaces the bearing let me know.
joespeed

fluff34567 wrote:Picked up my order from jockeys this morning. Some closer pics of their drive bearing solution. I don't have circlip pliers with me to see the full bearing number though.

The washers are spacers and the felt thing goes on the outer face .. not sure why though.ImageImageImage
this looks like a stepped sleeve that houses a stock sized bearing, hope it can take the hammer that the special lambretta one does!
garry inglis

garry inglis wrote:does it just push out then saves heating casing and less risk of damage i think i would install it with the bearing in place so you get a true fit but in the future it should just tap out
That's what I was saying in the other post fluff
fluff34567

joespeed wrote:
fluff34567 wrote:Picked up my order from jockeys this morning. Some closer pics of their drive bearing solution. I don't have circlip pliers with me to see the full bearing number though.

The washers are spacers and the felt thing goes on the outer face .. not sure why though.ImageImageImage
this looks like a stepped sleeve that houses a stock sized bearing, hope it can take the hammer that the special lambretta one does!
Exactly what it is. It's a low powered engine end of day and having seen numerous "original"bearings, some failing after a few weeks I'm confident this will last as the others have been shite.
kejj

Autocorrect ruined my post. Was saying that I hope the bearing is removable without taking its metal seat it resides in out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information