Widening a horncasting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
YAMLAM

I have been doing some wiring work on a mates Indian Gp ,trying to refit the horncasting. And it is too narrow at the top,the threaded holes are miles out (too narrow),it's sat in his shed since the early 90:s and I only took it apart a month or so ago so can't understand why it fitted before and not now. Anyway I have been using a flywheel extractor in reverse and a socket to try to prise it apart, I keep applying heat with a heat gun but don't want to ruin his metal flake paint work,any other ideas to try to widen it ?
win or lose have a booze
db67

Hi, just a thought but could you not elongate the holes in the legshields instead & try & line it up that way? bit of a bodge I know, but it might work, good luck ;)
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

As above, I've had similar problems with carbon fibre.
YAMLAM

win or lose have a booze
YAMLAM

it`s now slightly wider than my spare Italian horncasting, that fits like a glove, i shall leave it over night and hopefully when i remove my home made "spreader " it will stay put.
one can live in hope
win or lose have a booze
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

The problem that may occur is that the screws will go in at an angle... :?
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

YAMLAM wrote:I have been doing some wiring work on a mates Indian Gp ,trying to refit the horncasting. And it is too narrow at the top,the threaded holes are miles out (too narrow),it's sat in his shed since the early 90:s and I only took it apart a month or so ago so can't understand why it fitted before and not now. Anyway I have been using a flywheel extractor in reverse and a socket to try to prise it apart, I keep applying heat with a heat gun but don't want to ruin his metal flake paint work,any other ideas to try to widen it ?
Get one side started,then pull on each side of the legshields,effectively pulling the holes(in the legshields)apart,or push the legshields,pushing the holes together,whichever way they need to move.
YAMLAM

"Get one side started,then pull on each side of the legshields,effectively pulling the holes(in the legshields)apart,or push the legshields,pushing the holes together,whichever way they need to move."

yep tried all that yesterday evening to no avail.
win or lose have a booze
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information