Avanti bogging down

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
whonatic

I've got this problem on an Avanti I rebuilt for my mate. We changed the crank and finally cured (after several attempts) the drive side oil seal failing with a rimini drive side plate.

But now, it really bogs down in first and 2nd and you have to really rev and slip the clutch to get away. Reminds of when I had a Rapido that behaved the same, it was something to do with transfers being too large on that, a design fault. BUT! This ran well before and crank is the same lentgh Rod as before! It's not jetting, it's not cables wrong way round, Antony tambs reconditioned the stator, and it flies in 3rd and 4th!!

I'm out of ideas and it's on my head to sort it !
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Inlet timing is to high...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
whonatic

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:Inlet timing is to high...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But that hasn't changed as crank of equal dimensions has gone back in with same piston?
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

if drive side was leaking before then will have been leaner , now its cured the jetting will be richer ,too rich bottom end but not as much at top end as its performing well there what carb and jetting settings you running ,also new stator ,,has it been strobed up or just refitted in previous position ?
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

What's your full spec' ?

I had a "small" issue with the scooter bogging at low rev's. Fitting a MTech overcame the problem.

Gearing and exhaust could also be a factor
OAP
Dealer

As Mick said, post FULL spec also all jet sizes & make sure your choke is working (closing), I'm kin busy today but you can phone me. 07951952768 Ron
whonatic

Darrell Taylor wrote:if drive side was leaking before then will have been leaner , now its cured the jetting will be richer ,too rich bottom end but not as much at top end as its performing well there what carb and jetting settings you running ,also new stator ,,has it been strobed up or just refitted in previous position ?
Running pacemaker gearbox, 30mm phbh - 55 pilot, 122 main, av266, x7 top clip (weakest) , BGM box pipe
OAP
Dealer

crank 58 x 107? what ignition is fitted & set at what? and as Darrell was it strobed?
OAP
Dealer

Also how old is the Atomiser & needle, are they worn?
OAP
Dealer

easier to phone me!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information