T5 172, bgm big box or sip road xl?

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
brucie
Main scooter: vespa px mk1

Has anyone tried any of these pipes on a t5 172, old sito+ finally gave up. Looking for a touring pipe rather than having to thrash it to get up hills etc.
Have seen the reviews in scootering and SULK for different kits but can't find anything for a 172.
Are these more of a race pipe.

Cheers Bruce
acko

A mate of mine put one on his T5. Said it was ok but wouldn't let the engine rev out. He's gone back to a JL.
Better to be someone for a day than no-one for a lifetime
ducksta

I ran a simmoni I which went well and also a revolver which produced another 1.5bhp on the dyno
live life your a long time dead
Arfur
Playstation gamer tag: hulkascooby

Got a SIP road Xl on my malossi T5 at the moment and love it. Plenty of torque (pulls my 16stone no worries) and is well quick GPS at 81.
Loveley tone not too loud.
Keeko
Main scooter: '97 Vespa T5 Classic

Ive just bought a SIP road XL for my T5 Classic with 172 kit and Cosa 21T clutch. Originally I'd a leo vince on (as thats what came on the scoot when i bought it), Id have loved one of the big stainless sip expansion chambers but my budget couldnt stretch or justify the £300+ so when i read the review in scootering that mentioned the SIP XL gave an 18% power increase across the board i thought I'd give it a go and at £170 it was half the price of the expansion chambers. It fitted really well and sounds fairly good too. I couldnt believe the difference it made. Both in acceleration and top end. The revs are really smooth too, no spluttering at all. Its fantastic, Im really glad I bought it. Only downside is its looks but it makes up for it in performance. GHB.
shaunmc
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

Wise choice, I bought one of the Sip JL expansion chambers for my old Malossi 172, it was so supposed to improve all round performance, but all it did after numerous upgrades to clutch gears and jetting was strangle the life out of it, so ended up spending a lot of time and money to have the bike perform worse than a box standard T5. Enjoy your extra power, looks aren't everything.
Blakey43
Main scooter: T5 172

Arfur wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:56 pm Got a SIP road Xl on my malossi T5 at the moment and love it. Plenty of torque (pulls my 16stone no worries) and is well quick GPS at 81.
Loveley tone not too loud.
Hi mate, I appreciate this was a while ago but where did you finish up jetting wise?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information