gp remade headset rim

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
chippy

i have tried several rims on a remade headset and none fit anywhere near. not the usual but 5mm in height and screw holes miles out. question being, if you ever need a new rim can one be sourced seperately
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i belive quality chrome in hull sell them, if you have a lot of paint on your headset it can make it hard to fit, i used a dremill on the inside if the last one i bought to create a bit of clearance, so it didnt chip my metalfake
chippy

This is other way around bud. The rims are much too big for headset, ridiculously too big. Whatever they copied off to produce mould must have been a one off. By the way holty I took proper headset to ajs for welding and they are doing it. Cheers
jason frost
Dealer

Remade headset says it all , you will need to find out who made it and if they do rims for them
chippy

jason frost wrote:Remade headset says it all , you will need to find out who made it and if they do rims for them
I think it will have been made by Willy wonka in his chocolate factory. Might make a nice tea pot for your Saturday club :lol:
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

chippy wrote:This is other way around bud. The rims are much too big for headset, ridiculously too big. Whatever they copied off to produce mould must have been a one off. By the way holty I took proper headset to ajs for welding and they are doing it. Cheers
oh good, the only other solution i could think of is ive seen someone selling stainless steel rims, cant remember where, but stainless can be cut and welded and polished, might be a last resort if you cant find the correct one made for your headset.
chippy

To be honest I just wanted to get a rim to sell it on. I have got an early Indian headset which does job perfect and rim fits good so other headset not needed anymore remade headset fits together perfect but without a headlight rim it's practically useless. Will have a look for one of those. Cheers
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

holty wrote:i belive quality chrome in hull sell them, if you have a lot of paint on your headset it can make it hard to fit, i used a dremill on the inside if the last one i bought to create a bit of clearance, so it didnt chip my metalfake
I have always found that Quality Chrome's rims fit very well on my Italian headset.

Rich'
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information