GT big block experiance : New GT crank info added

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
czeckson
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150

what about the end-plates and side-casings ?
ready for sale ?
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

gear box end plate are available now, mags and side case will arrive mid March. PM me if you need the end plate.
czeckson

anything new considering the mags and the side case ?
is the side case only available in the "deep" version ?
Rich_T
Dealer

The side case will be available in 4 versions. Standard, standard deep. Race and race deep. The race version has the kick start boss machined away but there is no welding as the internal sand core is modified.

The mag flange is a very robust affair. The cowling fixings are very strong, the head cowl mounting points are much more substantial. The internals around the bearing are solid so different bearings and bearing/seal depths can be machined (suitable for the very big capacity engines in development)
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Rich, I can't find the posts now, but around Xmas time (I think) there was a bunch of posts somewhere about you dyno testing the Bombardier top ends on your cases and expected power outputs.

What was the outcome and ongoing development of all that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
eden
Dealer

I haven't added much to this topic for ages...
My GT250 conversion has now done many many miles all over the place. Returned last week from a 2900+ tour around Europe, taking in the spine of the Alps, over to the Adriatic coast then down the Riviera before returning back through France.

The blog for the trip is now up to day 10 with 6 days to go.

I have posted this here not only because the motor I rode was a GT but because there were 3 other GT powered Lambrettas on the tour. One a tuned standard bore 200 I built which has been on the road for over 3 years now, Another slightly tuned GT200 I did which only had 100 miles running in period covered before we set off which was two up and a totally standard GT200, again brand new with just over 100 miles covered before we set off which was also two up.

The blog for the trip is here http://lambrettatracker.com/2017-euro-l ... euro-tour/
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

eden wrote:Another slightly tuned GT200 I did which only had 100 miles running in period covered before we set off which was two up and a totally standard GT200, again brand new with just over 100 miles covered before we set off which was also two up.
Bloody hell. How'd the ones with only 100 miles running in get away with that? :shock: :shock:
Donnie.
eden
Dealer

Set up rich
czeckson

we need the side casing
Rich_T
Dealer

czeckson wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:04 pm we need the side casing
It is very close, I'll be posting pictures soon