Bgm Clubman

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer
Main scooter: LAMBRETTA

coaster wrote:I have a brand new BGM clubman sitting on a shelf which I would be happy to loan for the test. I bought it from someone on FB and it has a factory applied silver finish so I suspect it is an early version. Just let me know and I'll get it in the post.

thanks , i may need a few bgm pipes as im sure the different versions have changed in performance not sure how to identify v1 v2 v3 but i can enquire
feel free to use this link to contact me on facebook and like it(if u like it)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-T ... 8819767924
czeckson
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150

Here you have some clubmans:
https://www.germanscooterforum.de/appli ... ?id=971446
BGM V2
Pipedesign S-Box
Angi
Amore
KBAAF
GoriSport
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Donnie wrote:my v3 came unpainted and thats only a couple of months ago
You have a choice now when they are in stock.
coaster

Darrell Taylor wrote:
coaster wrote:I have a brand new BGM clubman sitting on a shelf which I would be happy to loan for the test. I bought it from someone on FB and it has a factory applied silver finish so I suspect it is an early version. Just let me know and I'll get it in the post.

thanks , i may need a few bgm pipes as im sure the different versions have changed in performance not sure how to identify v1 v2 v3 but i can enquire
Let me know where to send it and I'll get is sent to you 8-)
coaster

I was looking at both of my BGM Clubmans today and must say that they SEEM identical apart from the silver paint. All the spot welds are in exactly the same positions so I assume the baffles are the same? Even the serial number on the side was the same. One thing I did notice on both of them was to poor attention to gas flowing at the stub end of the down pipe, there is a huge obstruction where the steel ring protrudes into the pipe end right where it changes direction. I'd say there's a lip of about 3mm or so which I managed to file away using an electric file. Also tidied up some lumpy weld at the other end where it meets the cone. The flange need some work with the file to remove high welds intruding into the exhaust outlet too :(
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Aye, for the money I wasn't madly impressed with mine I have to say, a definite overlap on the apex of the U bend on mine, there must be a ridge in there but nothing I can do about it
Imageubend by Donnie Canning, on Flickr
Donnie.
soosh
Main scooter: GP RS200 Iron barrel

Darrell Taylor wrote:id like to provide the test on 2 different set ups 1 with low ex duration and 1 with high ex duration to check there performance range at each end
What might be good on the lower spec is to get hold of a good standard exhaust as used on the GP range,myself and Adam talking about this at last club meeting about standard (ish) spec motors perform just as well with decent standard than with say an AF/KBA box. Just something to throw in the mix maybe.
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

coaster wrote:
Darrell Taylor wrote:

Let me know where to send it and I'll get is sent to you 8-)
cheers ill send a pm
Darrell Taylor
Dealer

soosh wrote:
Darrell Taylor wrote:id like to provide the test on 2 different set ups 1 with low ex duration and 1 with high ex duration to check there performance range at each end
What might be good on the lower spec is to get hold of a good standard exhaust as used on the GP range,myself and Adam talking about this at last club meeting about standard (ish) spec motors perform just as well with decent standard than with say an AF/KBA box. Just something to throw in the mix maybe.
is that a standard pipe on standard motor ? which standard italian or indian motor and exhaust ,,
I was going to do the tests on a std sil 200 which has the semi tuned cylinder as std but i feel the rest of the set up may then hold back for purpose of testing so be better to be as my bang for buck article and at least improve the simple things like head gasket and make carb/box freebreathing to see some worthwhile results
i then have a friend with a mugello 200 i tuned for him for gp4 racing as a lower/beginners spec with sensible inlet timing that he then changed his mind and put it on road with a bgm clubman on it
Lamaddict

soosh wrote:
Defiantly worth a mention somehow IMO. I put a Clubman on a standard TV175 engine and it's didn't run as well. I've also run a standard Italian Gp200 set up with the standard exhaust on and it was great. I wouldn't have changed anything else on it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information