suggestions sought for Li150-3 restoration (carb/175/clubman)

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Davidsquaredson
Main scooter: Early Eibar Jet 200

Hey,
I got a free 1963 Li150 late last year. About 4000 original miles. Sadly it was in mint shape, acquired by a dildo who new nothing about it, left outside for years, and when I found out about it I heaped enough abuse on the dildo he just gave it to me. When I want to go fast I have an Eibar Jet200 with a GT kit, and very far I take my Rally200. I want this to be pretty and for running around in town. I dont want to spend a ton on the engine, but will put some time and effort into the cosmetics.

The barrel was rusted to the point that a light hone is not enough, and a stock 150 would be too weak for me anyway. I am going to get it bored out to a 175 conversion piston. I already have a Li MEC EUR crank sitting on a shelf. A skilled friend has offered to open up the ports and give me an Ancillotti clubman he is not using.

What would be the right carb to match to this? Its got a stock 18mm now. Its dirty but all there. I assume this is too small. I see Scootopia offer their own 22mm Dellorto copy. How would this match up? After reading that good article in scootering about incremental differences in HP from different modifications I dont want to put on more of a carb than necessary.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.
David
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Scootopia SH22 would be ideal for this sort of set up IMO
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Stevie W
Main scooter: lAMBRETTA gp200

You could save a few quid and use a 22mm Jetex for around £30. My mate's series 2, 175 runs really well on one.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Jetex are very hit and miss. Some work and some don't , you don't know when you put your hand in your pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Davidsquaredson
Main scooter: Early Eibar Jet 200

Searching on the forum on Jetex it does seem hit or miss. Guessing that's the lack of quality control. I'll order a scootopia

Sent from my SM-G928W8 using Tapatalk
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
carpe scooter diem

1974 Rally 200
1965 Li150
1963 TV175
1974 Eibar Jet200
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Stevie W wrote:You could save a few quid and use a 22mm Jetex for around £30. My mate's series 2, 175 runs really well on one.
You could,but I think you've saved enough money.I'm very jelous,firstly having someone give you a 1963 Li 150 and then having a friend give you an ancillotti clubman.To be serious I have a series 2 with a jetex carb fitted and I have a series 3 with a Scootopia carb and to be honest I cant see any difference in the two.With a jetex you have to make sure that the float isn't sticking on the pivot pin,because it will flood,or will prevent petrol from entering the float chamber and making it impossible to start,this is a common fault with the jetex and also to change all the jets for Dellorto ones.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Make sure the carb comes with a 150 slide or you'll struggle to get it jetted properly.

If there's any chance you can introduce me to your friends I'd appreciate it.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

If hes having it bored out to a 175 he needs a 200 slide.If the OP is buying a Scootopia SH2/22,they come with both.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

HxPaul wrote:If hes having it bored out to a 175 he needs a 200 slide.If the OP is buying a Scootopia SH2/22,they come with both.
I'll have to check which mine is to be definite, but it absolutely refused to run properly or even start with the wrong slide. If both are supplied then you have an option that you probably don't have when you buy the Jetex. The slide made a massive difference to the performance of my 175 kit.
Stevie W
Main scooter: lAMBRETTA gp200

When ordering a Jetex you can specify whether it's for a 150/175 or a 200 as they have different slides.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information