Spanish v Italian

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
rob1273

Is there a great deal of difference in price and quality for early 60's scooters depending where they were manufactured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Wow what a question.
that will get some answers.
If you look at scooters and who is buying them. Italian are always more exspensive depending on the model.
sx, tv, gp...italian can range from 3k to 10k from what i have seen.
spanish are slightly cheaper. But on saying that rarer models carry a premium. And are not cheap.
quality....am sure people will say Italian every time.
me i own a servetta li150 and an eibar s2 150.
both very very well built and good quality.
it would depend what you are looking for i suppose.
But i prefer the s2 eibar with turning mudguard.
i think its all down to preference.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've owned a couple of Spaniards, I have no snobbery over whether they're better or worse than their Italian equivalents.

My 1970 special went all over in the mid eightys.

I also had one of the last Lince made by Orbar on an 89 G plate. It was comfortable and reliable.

Spanish models don't attract the high premium prices that the 'more desireable' Italian models do but they're getting there. That said a good Jet 200 will be half the price of the equivalent SX200 and the Lince / Lynx / Series 80 200s are still good value, but I wish people would stop turning them into SX wannabes and appreciate them for what they are, and by comparison and the 125 / 150 variants are positively affordable.

I'd also have a decent Cosa if one presented...

I'll get me coat...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
DigDug

The only difference that I can see between an Italian and Spanish Lambretta is that the Spanish has usually spent most of its life on the treadmill and not in a garage or shed.

Italian frame numbers are much neater though. ;)
Did you have to do that?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

DigDug wrote:The only difference that I can see between an Italian and Spanish Lambretta is that the Spanish has usually spent most of its life on the treadmill and not in a garage or shed.

Italian frame numbers are much neater though. ;)
ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

early disc brake jet 200's are now over 7 grand in restored condition. they are no longer cheaper than so-so sx200's when in restored or mint condition. or a desirable metallic colour. i personally think the jets and specials were better built. if you have a state run industry that doesnt bean count you dont see the reduction in quality experienced at innocenti after the tv175 series 1.
i have owned a dozen jet 200's and every one was the equal of an sx200 except in desirability back then. now theyre unfortunately infected with collector virus like the SX. sad days for the bargain lambretta 200 rider.
if you think about it, nobody took the head cowling and back hub off a jet 200 to replace it with italian before they went racing!!! :-)
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
alcoholic maniacs sc

this very sexy Jet 200 hauled me across italy a few years back two up with 50kgs of makeup and woman junk.that luggage has only a spare pair of boxers and a can of lynx for me.great gearbox, strong iron barrel and happy to cruise on the autostrada at 60mph in 35 degree heat all day.
why the sx200 premium?
alcoholic maniacs sc

best value 200's on the market. you'd never feel short changed. i reckon theyre as good as a p200e for rallies.(well hmmm sort of ,kinda,not really but...)
rosscla

^^ see? You've set him off now...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Massive difference in cost/value, e.g. 3K for a Spanish SX200 or 8K for an Italian SX200.

Same as Indian, e.g. 3K for an Indian GP200 or 8K for an Italian GP200.

NB: That's 'money' value... whereas quality or performance value is another matter.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information