oiltech casing alterations

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shocky

Wow that's alot of porosity in those welds I've welded a fair few cases scooter and m/c I always dipped mine in solvent first then hot washed them if I had blow holes I'd cut them out and redo them
I'll admit I've never put that much weld on one but actually as you put more on providing the first pass has been cleaned up it should do a better job with each pass of weld
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

shocky wrote:Wow that's alot of porosity in those welds I've welded a fair few cases scooter and m/c I always dipped mine in solvent first then hot washed them if I had blow holes I'd cut them out and redo them
I'll admit I've never put that much weld on one but actually as you put more on providing the first pass has been cleaned up it should do a better job with each pass of weld
Exactly! I'm guessing your only consolation is you only paid £180 and not the £380 I was quoted.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Well it looks very solid and if I have any problems I'll sort if needed a leek down test will tell when I get it built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

garry inglis wrote:Well it looks very solid and if I have any problems I'll sort if needed a leek down test will tell when I get it built

Honestly mine was fine. Ignore the nay-saying. Just fill the blow holes with jb weld or something and all will be cool.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

yes i agree, youve done the right thing using jb weld to fill them, i use yambond or similar on gaskets or where there isnt a gasket without any problems, and like you say a leak down test will be well worth doing, keep the pics coming, some good work there, ive got a few welding flaws on my 290 rotax conversion and thats going to get the jb weld treatment as well,

holty
Ken Tucky

Well if its of any help, I've used JB Weld on my Sprinter Crankcase, where, trying to weld anymore in the crank area would just cause more porosity, and its been fine. Its a crankcase that's had a fair bit of welding btw.............
Richard
garry inglis

i have total confidence in the welding oiltech do 8 casings every 6 to 8 weeks so there must be a lot out there that are fine the way he does them i am more botherd about what top end to pick gt200 /rb225 /avanti 225 or ts1
garry inglis

Brake shoes on and li ramp fit ready for kit ImageImageImage

bazza3004

Had a case coverted about a year ago. If you want the welding cleaned up / reshaped they will do this for you (or would when mine was done) at extra cost. Personally i didnt bother as it aint visible when engines in anyway. There were a couple of tiny bubble holes on gasket face but nothing that was going to cause a problem and a leak test confirmed this. Good luck with your build.
garry inglis

All the bits now went to rayspeed yesterday ts1 kit 30mm Vhsh mid flywheel also bgm stater and a gt 60/110 crank ads5 or franspeed super tourer to choose fromImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information