Misano Supercases.....

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
shocky

So, what do you get in the Misano kit?

Engine case with chain case side bearing basketCrank BearingsVaritronic, variable electronic ignitionRear brake cam.

Adam it says
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

OK, I thought that it might somewhere but asking the question was easier than trawling through all the pages... also, there seems little point in buying the cases without a crank, unless it is going to sit on the mantelpiece. I guess that a full list of what you get and the cost of all of the optional, but necessary, extras is what is needed. I've no doubt that this will be provided in time :)

... unless I've missed that too!

Ciao

Adam
warts
Main scooter: honda

http://shop.lambrettaparts.com.au/Misan ... Misano.htm is Siobhan's new www. It has all the details available for what she's offering so far.

In the www. Tino? put out ages ago, there waas going to be the possibility of partially finished cases machining wise. One scenario was an undrilled/tapped top crankcase mouth so you could fit a barrel of your choice. According to google translator.
Should stir the imagination.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

:shock:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

warts wrote: Should stir the imagination.
There are so many new products on the market, my imagination needs no more stirring; it is merely money and a rearrangement of the space/time continuum that I am lacking at the moment.

If only the bank didn't want their money back on the mortgage, I could quit work and get on with all this stuff.
Martin
ulyssescale

I just don't understand the Misano Supercase offering. Yeah, it has a novel solution to bearing/seal install,but that price of US$2800? And the dealer network on them seems too limited. And the only information I can get on them is from web forums spread out over a nearly 4 year span while their own website isn't even being maintained (404, anyone?) The product seems real, but the show is apparently being run by amateurs.
A chicken ain't nothing but a bird.
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

ulyssescale wrote:I just don't understand the Misano Supercase offering. Yeah, it has a novel solution to bearing/seal install,but that price of US$2800? And the dealer network on them seems too limited. And the only information I can get on them is from web forums spread out over a nearly 4 year span while their own website isn't even being maintained (404, anyone?) The product seems real, but the show is apparently being run by amateurs.
I dont understand your not understanding? Which parts of the casing are you not sure about???
ulyssescale

I didn't say I don't understand certain parts of it. But I can see how what I wrote was confusing.

What I meant to say was I don't understand the place the Misano Supercase has along with the other new cases being offered. By comparison to the GT cases and the Casa Case, both of which have an established dealer network, along with websites as channels for customers to get information on the products. All I've been able to see so far are some drawings and pictures of a woman driving around Australia. Like I said, it appears the outfit is run by amateurs. If it is this hard to find out information on this Misano Supercase, I can only imagine how shitty it would be to get in touch with someone inthe event there is a problem. Just send it back to Australia and we'll get back with you in 4 more years whenwe have another case?
jonashford
Main scooter: Lambretta SX RB235

ulyssescale wrote:I didn't say I don't understand certain parts of it. But I can see how what I wrote was confusing.

What I meant to say was I don't understand the place the Misano Supercase has along with the other new cases being offered. By comparison to the GT cases and the Casa Case, both of which have an established dealer network, along with websites as channels for customers to get information on the products. All I've been able to see so far are some drawings and pictures of a woman driving around Australia. Like I said, it appears the outfit is run by amateurs. If it is this hard to find out information on this Misano Supercase, I can only imagine how shitty it would be to get in touch with someone inthe event there is a problem. Just send it back to Australia and we'll get back with you in 4 more years whenwe have another case?
In that case Im sure Tino would rather you didnt get one
ulyssescale

Yeah, if the Misano Supercases are as sloppily made as the Imola kits, I'll be glad I didn't buy one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information