Air hawk cushion seats...

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I looked at the post a few months back but just wondering if anyone has more recent experience and what model is reccomended. There's quite a big choice and I want to get it right.
mark-b
Main scooter: SIL GP190

Timbo, I did 700 miles during the 2015 C2C on a standard GP seat and was in agony by the end of it! Then used an Airhawk (Cruiser pillion 11x9) on the same seat for last year's Euro and Mull and it made the world of difference. So much more bearable, made a couple of hours riding easy and doesn't cause discomfort from numerous days in the saddle. You put as little air in the cushion as possible and sometimes have to squish the air cells to get the feel of the cushion right, but it does make a long trip so much more bearable. Not cheap but worth it for me

Hope this helps

Mark
coaster

mark-b wrote:Timbo, I did 700 miles during the 2015 C2C on a standard GP seat and was in agony by the end of it! Then used an Airhawk (Cruiser pillion 11x9) on the same seat for last year's Euro and Mull and it made the world of difference. So much more bearable, made a couple of hours riding easy and doesn't cause discomfort from numerous days in the saddle. You put as little air in the cushion as possible and sometimes have to squish the air cells to get the feel of the cushion right, but it does make a long trip so much more bearable. Not cheap but worth it for me

Hope this helps

Mark
I was in tears or agony with my ancilloti style seat on a C2C a few years ago to the extent that I had to 'borrow' a cushion :oops: from the Seacote hotel in order to face the trip home. I bought an Airhawk Cruiser large which id a perfect fit on my seat and will allow 250-300 miles per day easily. Best thing I ever bough and it even fits the seat of my Marcos which is almost as unbearable believe it or not :?
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

coaster wrote:
mark-b wrote:Timbo, I did 700 miles during the 2015 C2C on a standard GP seat and was in agony by the end of it! Then used an Airhawk (Cruiser pillion 11x9) on the same seat for last year's Euro and Mull and it made the world of difference. So much more bearable, made a couple of hours riding easy and doesn't cause discomfort from numerous days in the saddle. You put as little air in the cushion as possible and sometimes have to squish the air cells to get the feel of the cushion right, but it does make a long trip so much more bearable. Not cheap but worth it for me

Hope this helps

Mark
I was in tears or agony with my ancilloti style seat on a C2C a few years ago to the extent that I had to 'borrow' a cushion :oops: from the Seacote hotel in order to face the trip home. I bought an Airhawk Cruiser large which id a perfect fit on my seat and will allow 250-300 miles per day easily. Best thing I ever bough and it even fits the seat of my Marcos which is almost as unbearable believe it or not :?
Fully agree
Timbo

Thanks guys, someone sent me a PM and also reccomended the first one that was mentioned so ordered one last night from a shop in Bedford £75. Asked the Mrs this morning if she had got me a Chrissy present yet and she said no so she has now :lol: ....she did say "that's not very exciting".. :roll:
coaster

Timbo wrote:Thanks guys, someone sent me a PM and also reccomended the first one that was mentioned so ordered one last night from a shop in Bedford £75. Asked the Mrs this morning if she had got me a Chrissy present yet and she said no so she has now :lol: ....she did say "that's not very exciting".. :roll:
They just don't get it do they, my wife is always saying I'm difficult to buy for but my need for scooter parts is almost limitless....even a voucher for a dealer would suffice. Buy as you say they think that is dull and opt for jumpers and fleeces :roll:
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

I got the Airhawk cruiser pillion for the German Euro last year and it made a MASSIVE difference. I had NO lower back aching as I normally do and could walk normally after a long ride :lol: . Need a little bit of time to get used to and adjust but that goes once you are riding and comfortable. As said only put the minimum amount of air in. It does add a touch to the seat height so bear this in mind if you have short legs like me.

Rich'
mark-b
Main scooter: SIL GP190

Timbo wrote:Thanks guys, someone sent me a PM and also reccomended the first one that was mentioned so ordered one last night from a shop in Bedford £75. Asked the Mrs this morning if she had got me a Chrissy present yet and she said no so she has now :lol: ....she did say "that's not very exciting".. :roll:
Practical and exciting all in one, she should be grateful that you've made her Christmas shopping a bit easier too :D

They do have multiple uses... went to the cricket at Lords with Mrs B last summer and wished I'd taken my Airhawk with me, the seats there are rock solid!

Mark
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

Been using them for a number of years now , one on this GP250 TT, Germany . G

Timbo

She asked to see a picture tonight and when I showed her she was lost for words 8-)
.... I think I'll ask for another one for my birthday in February...... :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information