lammie wheel rims

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Lamaddict

Investing in good tyres makes a difference IMO not necessarily tubeless rims. At one time, I went tubeless but have gone back to good quality spilt rims, good tubes (fully of the green slime) and decent tyres.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Green Slime's not a lot of good in tubes,if you get a nail in they pop like a balloon.
davla

HxPaul wrote:Green Slime's not a lot of good in tubes,if you get a nail in they pop like a balloon.
I've used Slime in bicycle inner tubes for years and it's saved me from countless punctures (you only really find out when you change tyres). Like you say it doesn't hold up against big punctures but it's not pointless IMO and I still use it on my scooters.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

mr mugello wrote:I had a GTS Vespa which has the tubeless,. Riding along I heard a loud bang like a gun going off or tyre exploding , startled the hell out of me! Scoot was handling fine. Stopped for quick check. Everything looked fine tyre seem inflated ok. Got home had a better look. Saw the end of a nail in tread of rear. Got some pliers and started pulling out. Could not believe it kept coming and coming. Three inch nail not even bent.
Says everything really, that wouldn't have been the case with a split rim. There are fitting issues with the Sip tubeless rims with having to change the studs and the difficulty in getting tyres fitted in the first place, plus you obviously can't change a tyre at the roadside. But when the s**t really hits the fan they do what they're supposed to do and that really could mean the difference between life and death.
I sell Scootopia split rims and Sip tubeless rims so I've no commercial axe to grind. Pays yer money and takes yer chances.
soulsurfer

I use Tutto "Innocenti" split rims (possibly Scootopia are the same?), and decent tubes with offset valve stem and Ultraseal in them
Turn On, Tune In, Cop out!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information