DAC 300!

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wax

Hello Folks. I have been sitting on a pile of DAC parts for some years now and, due to the fact that my family are a bit more grown up, and i have had a clear-out of old scooter bits and raised a few quid, I feel i need to kick-start the DAC project and see it through.

I did a bit of research and it would appear the SX300 barrel form 1991-2003 fits! The crank is a different stroke though, but the con rods are the same length. The dac crank is 69.5mm stroke and it would need to be 73mm for the 301cc kit (72 bore x 73mm stroke) to work.

Can anyone out there make a one off eccentric crank pin for me?

Is this foolish. Are there any problems i have missed? Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

I think Harry Barlow is the man when it comes to anything crankshaft related (the Leicester one that is)
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

I would try John Howe at Jahspeed at Colchester. The precision engineer who makes his custom pins is literally opposite his workshop. 01206 230735.

He does a top job.
Martin
wax

I spoke to jahspeed. Seems a useful bloke to know. He can make me a eccentric crank pin to suite, plus we talked about copying the cones from an FMF Ktm exhaust. I cut one up to see if I could get it to fit, but it was knowwhere near.
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
coaster

Chris Sadd at CS Engineering in Norwich would be worth contacting, he has some experience of the DAC conversion
Knowledge
Dealer

wax wrote:I spoke to jahspeed. Seems a useful bloke to know. He can make me a eccentric crank pin to suite, plus we talked about copying the cones from an FMF Ktm exhaust. I cut one up to see if I could get it to fit, but it was knowwhere near.
Yes, John has a long history of hydraulically blow pipes and is very resourceful. As you say, a useful bloke to know (for the last 34 years). Even more useful when he is about 8mins from my house.
Martin
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

talking of building exhausts has anyone used the 2stroke wizard tuned pipe programe to build a pipe, and was it simple to use, i was intend to cut up a trials exhaust and use it on my rotax 290 engine, but it would be a shame to waste all thay power with a duff exhaust so im thinking of building one, sorry i didnt mean to hijack the thread,

holty
Knowledge
Dealer

Holty,

Probably worth starting a new thread on this ^. You might find that some one has used this programme, or someone might be able to recommend an alternative programme.

Go for it mate.
Martin
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

Knowledge wrote:Holty,

Probably worth starting a new thread on this ^. You might find that some one has used this programme, or someone might be able to recommend an alternative programme.

Go for it mate.
thanks knowledge, sounds like a plan
RManson
Main scooter: Jet 200

I've used it. Whaddya wanna know?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information