Gori GP50 or JL Snail ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Thinking about changing the exhaust on my LI, thinking along the lines of either a Gori GP 50 or a JL snail, apart from obvious differences in looks what performance differences should I expect between the two?
Not sure if the snail is a revvy pipe like a race or makes power lower down like a JL3 ?
Cheers chaps.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Snail is a JL3 bent round a bit more.

Gori GP50 is more suited to high revving motors. Gori race is about the same as a BGM clubman.

What is the motor you're putting it on?
Scooterdude

Thanks for the reply. It's going on a specialy built motor loosely based on a Mugello barrel of 199 cc and with a 61/115 crank that I'm having built, I don't want a full expansion chamber as the JL3 I had completely killed the classic look, we have talked about modifiying the scootopia clubman I'm currently using to get it to rev on a bit more but I do like the idea of the GP50. Not keen on the BGM amidst all the negative press surrounding their products at the moment, shame they don't make the snail in more than one version.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Have you considered a casa curly?
Scooterdude

hendy wrote:Have you considered a casa curly?
never knew there was such a thing. I'll go take a look thanks.
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

Don't dismiss the BGM clubman.
I've had the same one on my rapido 225 then onto an RT195 with no issues on either.
It's still in decent condition for being 2+ years old all I do is give it a lick of heat resistant paint and it fine.
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

There are a number of different snail pipes out there to suit different types of tune.... Jl3, Jl4, Gianelli, Casa, Soulsnake etc

Each has their own benefits...

Personally I have JL3 curly's on 3 of my scoots and love the way it pulls. It does not quite have the same low down grunt as a BGM clubman, but it is very good. The JL3 snail revs out a bit more than the straight pipe. Mates also have the same pipe on their RT195's and love the way they perform.

The Gianelli is a very revvy pipe, and more suited to a TS1/Imola sort of setup...

Depends what you want, there's a snail for all.... :0)
Scooterdude

Well I've gone for the GP50 from RLC, just hope it's as good as they'd have you believe.
Daggs

I was looking at the Gori range for my 200 Muggy. But, £300 for what looks like an unpainted Clubman with a tail-can pushed on! A tad overpriced I feel.
lozmondo

there is a SULK feature on the GP50 now.Dyno test on a TS1
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information