62mm or 64mm

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Train Driver

Apart from extra torque what other benefits can i expect from fitting a 62mm or 64mm stroke crank to my classic rapido 225,
Cezeta is buying me a new B-race exhaust to go with the conversion :lol: :lol:
cezeta

cezeta is f@@king skint
Train Driver

Ok if you are that skint i will ask that nice Mark broadhurst to let me have one for free, and we will only ever say nice things about him :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not sure if either will work with my classic rapido 225,

anyone know ?
wax

I had a 64mm crank on order from MB dev' for 7 months. Every time i phoned (or JB tuning phoned on my behalf, as my engine builder) they were being made. This went on and on, since before xmas time. Then, they decided not to sell any of them, when they finally turned up. Mark is keeping them for himself, apparently. Thats a whole rally season down the tubes for me, on my RB engine. Disgraceful and Frustrating. I am taking my business elsewhere. So be warned, you may get strung along, as far as 64mm cranks are concerned.
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
DJ 240
Dealer

Cezeta is skint i think he got away lightly hope engine works OK at least it has been put together well (good old Chalky).
Wax I had same problem but did not let retailer fob me off they wait till got a large order to place but now days that takes
time I got my crank off Nic (nice guy) helped me out he is on this site or mail Tino
wax

If could let me know where i could get a 64mm crank from, that would be grrrrreat (in a tony the tiger way). Who do i speak to on here?
I don't want to keep up with modern traffic. I want to hoon past it, preferably on one wheel!
cezeta

dj240, chaulky is good value and easy to deal with. im a bit embaressed though as every time i go there i almost walk out without paying.....its all the coffee and chat :roll:

that sodding engine once its in will have cost me £2000 inc pipe and take into account that it was already a complete engine :o (not that chaulky see much of that bundle im afraid)

wax, i think only mb have produced 64mm cranks but others have made them as one offs. try here http://scooterotica.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=422 i was going to do a 260 at one point but im skint for now so that idea is on hold but i think you are going down the right road as ccs rather than revs is where its at ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information