Burning plugs

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
thackers

Problem on my friends rb250,after dyno there has been multi problems. Starting with the spark disappearing which has been sorted to the current problem of burning out plugs. Any advice really appreciated.
shocky

Had this last year new plug would run untill switched off wouldnt restart fit new plug or an old one that hadnt been in this scooter tried the usuall new cap new lead then swapped the cdi over for a known working one still tje same then swapped the stator and bingo never has a problem since wasnt my scooter btw and I charged him for every visit becouse I told him from the offset it was the stator bgm btw with 300miles on jarv on here rebuilt it and I refitted it
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Looks like its a regular problem with RB kits.A friend of mine has one and he's forever having to change the plugs.I'll tell him about the stator plate,although I haven't seen him for a while and he might have fixed it.
thackers

Thanks for that, I appreciate your reply and will bear that in mind when take my next look at the bike. Cheers.
bazza3004

Prob not the issue with you having it dynod but the plug looks like the motors running rich (could just be picture). Had this prob on my spare imola motor were once stopped it wouldnt restart until i either swapped or cleaned plug iirc i was running too cool a plug which was causing it to foul up and fail due to not burning hot enough. Hope you find the problem.
Bufficus

shocky wrote:Had this last year new plug would run untill switched off wouldnt restart fit new plug or an old one that hadnt been in this scooter tried the usuall new cap new lead then swapped the cdi over for a known working one still tje same then swapped the stator and bingo never has a problem since wasnt my scooter btw and I charged him for every visit becouse I told him from the offset it was the stator bgm btw with 300miles on jarv on here rebuilt it and I refitted it
BGM stators are rubbish. Stop buying crap. Contact Anthony Tambs and get one from an electronics master.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Was the cap and/or plug a resistor type? If not, fit them.

Also....Bufficus is quite right about Antony's stators bring very good (great price too).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

A mate of mine was cooking plugs, they would last two stints, then need changing. He cured it by replacing the suppressor cap. Which was a surprise and relief to all of us.

An aside
is there some statistical evidence that BGM stators are crap?
How many sold, how many fail, whats the breakdown of failure causes.
dapper
Main scooter: The Biriani Bullet

Cosmic Lover, you haven't said what make of plug you have been using?? There have been batches of dodgy NGK plugs around for a while. Try a Nippon Denso or Champion.
Compact Toolbox Flywheel Holder
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Everything is crap Cuzzy ........ I read it on that there t'interweb thingy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information