Scootopia S2 4 pole DC light Switch

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
RBG

Gentelmen
I'm struggling with this switch

http://www.scootopia.co.uk/product/7555 ... s-19081360

" Scootopia Lambretta BECME marked series 2 light/horn switch with screws (19081360).
Great quality switch with original style logo on switch plastic.
++Please note these are original to the D.C. battery version, they will fit A.C. non battery models by extending the brown wire to the horn.

Scootopia are short handed at the moment folks on holiday.

So I'm trying to fit the switch to a S2 AC non Battery, I don't understand the "extending the brown wire to the horn".

I've just checked the continuity on all the switch positions and they do what I would expect. Brown connects to the headlight, taillight, and speedo when in position 2. Purple and Grey are always joined and they connect to the pilot, tail light and speedo when in position 1. All good.

I have power from the loom to the junction on both the brown and purple wires. Good earth.

When I hook it all up, I get a horn in position 0, a faint horn in positions 1 and 2, always a brakelight (I converted mine to a 2 pole on the pink wire). No lights whatsoever in any position.

I am puzzled by the connect the brown wire to the horn because the brown wire is meant to go from the junction to one side of the horn anyway and that is how mine is wired.

Any ideas? It was working fine with my AC switch. I replaced it because the hi/lo switch was dodgy.
RBG

Managed to talk to someone at Scootopia whom told me not to power the 4 pole DC circuit through the grey DC wire and secure it out of the way.
So I take that to mean the grey DC wire is redundant when fitting to a 4 pole AC circuit.

So when I get chance to get back working on her I'll give it a go.

Anybody else any experiance at all with these Series 2 4 pole DC light switches on a Series 2 4 pole AC Lambretta
I'm still confused by the instructions to extend the brown wire to the horn when the brown wire goes to the horn via the junction box
on both the AC & DC models.
RBG

Conclusion is tape up the grey wire and don't power up through the grey at all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information