Multimeter help

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
weedodger
Main scooter: Indian gp casa 185 and 200

Hi, is there anything on here to help teach a complete novice on electrics , and reading and problem solving with a multimeter, ? Electrics is the only thing I'm stuck with on a lammy, even setting up a multimeter is too much, I'd love to learn it, but would benefit from a simple, easy to understand tutorial, sticky, or someone with time and a good written down piece and pics
Lamaddict

Try YouTube
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

What he said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF3OyQ3HwfU

Also read up on OHM's Law
weedodger
Main scooter: Indian gp casa 185 and 200

Here's my scooters problem....battery, wassel unit set up....battery fine...when I switch on ignition...1st ,2nd and 3rd click of the switch......horn used to work...loud,and lights would go on also.without scooter being fired up.......not now.....lights and horn etc ONLY work when scooter is fired up..battery is 14 v or there a outs....any ideas where I should start to look .?
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

battery=how many amp?
C’est la vie
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Depending on how you have it wired you can basically have AC to the loom when the battery is disconnected. On mine I have a battery isolator which breaks the battery out of the circuit. I wouldn't run it like that for long though as I suspect that might cause issues with the regulator.

Check your battery connections / earth.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information