Which pipe??

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

22/7

Beats 3.142 every time in my opinion
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

hendy wrote:22/7

Beats 3.142 every time in my opinion
Disagree. The Golden ratio is king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
immylam

Ancillotti exhausts are good but by christ they are badly made, for £190 quid mine lasted a year and my mate's about the same before the internals started rattling about and breaking up. Looking for a new one myself just now and the scootopia clubman seems a decent price but haven't really looked into it , anyone tried one?
grimspeed
Main scooter: gp 283 kx

Has it been blueprinted ? you may be surprised just how much you can get out of stock parts if set up correctly !
i have a horrible feeling.things are going to go bang
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

immylam wrote:Ancillotti exhausts are good but by christ they are badly made, for £190 quid mine lasted a year and my mate's about the same before the internals started rattling about and breaking up. Looking for a new one myself just now and the scootopia clubman seems a decent price but haven't really looked into it , anyone tried one?
Yes I've had a Scootopia clubman on for a couple of months, very well made and excellent fit, was a strange colour though and had to be painted in high temp black paint.

I now have an un polished JL3 expansion chamber on order so may be selling the Scootopia clubman PM me if your interested.
Lamaddict

grimspeed wrote:Has it been blueprinted ? you may be surprised just how much you can get out of stock parts if set up correctly !
That's where I'm heading. I've even gone back to standard pipes.
I'll never forget back in the early 80's a well set up standard GP200 scoot hammered all the cut downs at one scooter race.
Even now I've seen standard scoots zipping along and pretty much staying with the tuned scoots. Properly tuned scoots, like the Richard Taylor set ups come into their own on the motorways etc but most of my riding is hammering around small roads etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information