Running a Standard TV 175 S3

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Lamaddict

Fortunate enough to pick an unrestored 1963 TV 175. The only additional thing is an electronic kit fitted. I can't believe what a fantastic ride it is, super smooth and the gearbox for it is perfect. I've held it open and it can sit for miles on full throttle without any stress. On the flat with a slight tail wind, I got 64mph and ran it for about 11 miles like that. Makes me question tuned engines. Lol
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Aye the TV motor is a real treat is it not. Enjoy it!
ArmandTanzarian

A mate of mine has a totally standard GP200. It won't set the world on fire but it goes and goes all day.

As you say, sometimrs you have to wonder if it's really worth spending a fortune on making your scooter less reliable. (And then you thrash the snot out of it, and pull up half terrified, with a massive grin and decide that it probably is!)
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've got one on points still and as you say it's a cracking bike to pootle around on.

I wouldn't to go anywhere a Motorway on it though.... ;)
Did you have to do that?
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

TV175S3- the BEST bike Innocenti ever made IMO. Smooth running, and nearly as fast as the vibration prone TV200, which again IMO , was cobbled together because GB wanted "more power".

Great gearbox and handling- THE mods choice of the 1960's.

Enjoy

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Lamaddict

Like I say the gearbox works so well with it, through all the gears. Makes me wonder if Innocenti got the gearbox on the TV200 not quite right and then decided to use the TV175 on the later SX200's.

I can't stop riding the TV at the minute lol. Just looking for a better seat cover if anyone has used original one in good condition.
warts
Main scooter: honda

My '63 came to me in 1966, with a slippy slidey plastic leopard skin seat cover. It could still be in the old man's shed.

The TV175 was indeed a fine scooter. Mine was better than the SX 200 it was replaced by. More niggles, more worry about how much I still owed... I should have just bought some SeXy sidepanels.

Of course, in the mid '60's, 60+mph was faster than a lot of the cars out there would be driven at.
Lamaddict

Out again, totally flat road, sitting up - 61 mph GPS. I was with 2 P2's and they couldn't believe it was standard, the run was also about 30 miles. Love it to bits, far easier ride than my standard Italian DL200. Sits better in the road and is so, so smooth.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Got any pics.....
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

This is mine Tim - complete with an original Pegasus Seat and its original registration number.

Did you have to do that?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information