Lambretta sip rims

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Ihateyoubutler

My sip tubeless rims with cont twist sport tyres hold air like a sieve. Anyone have a solution who has had the same problem? Is some sort of inner tube gloop the answer?
Thanks.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

hi my mate had same bother they were leaking from the engraved numbers opposite the valve the engraving is to deep he took them back and got them changed and the new ones were fine I also use them on both my scoots and had no problem :D
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

All tuebless that I've run have needed tyres to be inflated above the standard 18/28 (or whatever the book says) and have found that you need them to be higher to seal correctly. I learnt this many moons ago when running ScootRS rims to Euro Lambretta, after initially having similar issues. Once inflated to a higher pressure they retained pressure perfectly. I've since found the same applies to SIP rims.

Adam
shocky

I RUN 20 I front and 30 in rear I check most weeks and noticed a 1-2 psi drop over a 2 month period i do use slime in mine
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I run higher than that by about 5 psi in each, which may have a small effect on handling and wear but tyre pressure remains constant.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

hi shocky I run the same as you but that's to carry my 15st arse lol////////
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

I have been using ScootRS tubeless for 6 years. 20 front and 32 rear. Anything higher definitely affects handling. Rear perfect; front about 1 psi in a month.
coaster

It would be worth putting the whole wheel in a barrel or the bath to see where the air is coming from, it could easily be the valve either the valve itself or the seal onto the rim.

I've thought of putting slime in my SIP rims but did note that the air hole in the rim is tiny (about 2mm)and I can envisage problems getting it in tbh :?
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

coaster wrote:It would be worth putting the whole wheel in a barrel or the bath to see where the air is coming from, it could easily be the valve either the valve itself or the seal onto the rim.

I've thought of putting slime in my SIP rims but did note that the air hole in the rim is tiny (about 2mm)and I can envisage problems getting it in tbh :?
To get the slime in I've found the easiest way is to deflate the tyre, knock the tyre off the bead and put the slime in the gap... Then re inflate.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Never had any problem getting Punctureseal in Sip, AF 's or tubes TBH

Rich'
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information