AF Rayspeed

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
chippy

holty wrote:i live about a 45min drive from rayspeed, i usually check their online cataloge for the parts i need to make sure they are in stock and just go to see them, pretty much its the only place i buy lambretta parts from, the service they provide is very good in my opinion, heres a good example, i bought one of their lightweight flywheels about 10 years ago, after many years and miles of been thrashed the rivets came loose, i took it back and they exchanged it without any quibbles for just 30 pounds, they didnt even ask me when i bought it, a top notch service, ive had the same issue with then not answering the phone, and i am sure they could sell a lot more parts with a better tele-sales service, i will always buy my parts there, i realise its a little more difficult for those who cant travel to the shop. ray still paints scooters on site and builds up the cranks himself.
holty
:D
I am lucky I also live quite close so can call in, they have always been more than helpful and found a problem with my engine which another so called reputable dealer had built which they sorted at a very reasonable price. I try to use them for most stuff, as for answering phones and emails, when they were in Watford it was hire a van and drive down with a half a dozen in back with their pound notes firmly grasped in their hands for a day of shopping. Much more fun :-)
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

jonashford wrote: They are always busy sign of a good business Im afraid.
Exactly .... deal with the person stood in front of me with money in his hand.

Best way to contact them is by letter and don't forget to include a SAE. :mrgreen:
corrado
Dealer

Remember back in the day [60s in my case] when the shops used to close for lunch / dinner [delete as appropriate north or south] ..... well AF still do this. :D
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

corrado wrote:Remember back in the day [60s in my case] when the shops used to close for lunch / dinner [delete as appropriate north or south] ..... well AF still do this. :D
Quite right too. :D
corrado
Dealer

My favourite dealers dealer btw just in case anyone thinks I'm having a pop.
DigDug
Main scooter: Lambretta

corrado wrote:Remember back in the day [60s in my case] when the shops used to close for lunch / dinner [delete as appropriate north or south] ..... well AF still do this. :D
Is then shops had something in that you actually wanted to buy... ;)
Did you have to do that?
shocky

Closed wens afternoon as well
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Train Driver

Doom Patrol wrote:
Quite right too. :D
Closing :o half day or any day is wrong :evil:
The customer must have the right to shop whenever they like not when the shop thinks it's right.
All these ne'er-do-well dealers should take a leaf out of corrado stores north west, he's open 24/7 and he's also a left luggage operator* at parts fairs.

*for a box of F&M finest biscuits ;)
TS1 and PX stay in the garage (future barn finds) out on the GTS 300 when I go out on a scooter.
I know I’ll get there and back
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information