Scomadi

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
ArmandTanzarian

oneday wrote:London is the same, all autos but to be fair who wants to ride a geared scoot around town day in day out in that sort of traffic?

Think we sometimes lose track of what scoots were designed for. Were they were designed to be around town shopping bikes not to be tuned to death and covered in chrome :mrgreen:

There was a stand selling Scomadi at Sandford and imho they look even worse close up, just wrong on lots of levels and struggle to see how they can be marketed in the same bracket as geared lambrettas. Not 100% sure who they have truly been designed for, certainly not round town types, not commuters or 50 year old grumpy scooterists and I guess it cost a fortune to design, manufacture and markets these things so somebody has got a lot to lose if things don't work out. At least they tried.
They seem to be selling plenty so they obviously have a market. I can see the appeal to someone who wants a modern auto but wants something other than a GTS. They'll probably make a pretty good rally going bike.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Lots of auto Vespa's in Montreal last year. Very popular with the ladies there.
alcoholic maniacs sc
Main scooter: 6 volt mobility spaz chariot

OzOAP wrote:Progress...

Would definitely have a Scomadi rather than a GTS.
OMG!youre right. Piaggio wouldnt take no for an answer!!!
someone at piaggio is determined to make size 16 the only dress size in the shop. Maybe scomadi are in on the plot....
my Dad had to decide between a GS160 and an Sx200, i get to decide between the fat girl off the BT averts and Suzan Boyle. "oh she sings beautifully...". she might do but she'll never get those vocal cords round my chap.
Alcoholic maniacs social club. out f@@k,out fight and out booze 'em.
railfancwb

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information