Scooter security

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
dutch

eden wrote:
dutch wrote:I have a visonic alarm on all my sheds, wireless and linked to a dialer in the house will sound an alarm and phone me, door sensor and motion sensor covers all, if i`m not home my neighbours will be out there when they here it, wont stop them stealing when out with it though but piece of mind when there home.
The trouble with a tracker is you would have to be quick as we all know how quick chucks scoot was striped and they would find a tracker unless you could get it in the frame maybe
As soon as the scooter is moved the tracker I use sends a text message to my phone. The tracker has a motion sensor inside.

sound ok eden and cheap, how long have you had it ?
eden
Dealer

Since a few weeks before Avignon euro lambretta. So early 2013

Another thing you can do with it is phone the tracker and listen to what's going on around it as it has an internal mic. Useful if someone takes your scooter as their conversation would prove interesting and you could quote from it while you pull their balls off with a pair of pliers :)
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Does it need to be wired up and is there a monthly charge?
eden
Dealer

Timbo wrote:Does it need to be wired up and is there a monthly charge?
can be hard wired or can be just charged and put on the scooter while your out, the battery lasts ages in standby mode.
there is no monthly charge, all you need is a pay as you go phone sim which as long as it has credit on the sim card it will alert you if its moved, you can also set up a server at home on your pc which it can send data to over GPRS. when I'm out and about my PC tracks me through the tracker and records a log which I can explore at a later date.
It also has a micro memory card which it uses among other things to keep a log of position/speed etc when it cant connect to the network, when it does connect again it sends the data it has stored on the card while it couldn't connect.
Argentopercarter

There seems to be two versions on sale and apparently the cheaper one only works with a 2G sim card and the other with 3G cards which I think is the one in the link that Eden posted.

Eden, what PAYG sim card do you use in it when abroad (eg Germany - Eurolam) ?
eden
Dealer

Argentopercarter wrote:There seems to be two versions on sale and apparently the cheaper one only works with a 2G sim card and the other with 3G cards which I think is the one in the link that Eden posted.

Eden, what PAYG sim card do you use in it when abroad (eg Germany - Eurolam) ?
I was using 02 but ive just put a Three card in it, waiting atm for the card to activate. the one I use is 3G
Argentopercarter

This is the 3G one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GPS-TRACKER-G ... SwQJhUeOBw

Eden is not wrong about the manual!
Argentopercarter

I was using 02 but ive just put a Three card in it, waiting atm for the card to activate. the one I use is 3G[/quote]

But will it work in Germany?

Is it a three PAYG or contract sim?

I understand that three contract phones/sims work in parts of Europe as if 'at home', ie no roaming or extra charges, but when I last looked that did not include Germany. Don't know whether that includes PAYG though.
eden
Dealer

Argentopercarter wrote:I was using 02 but ive just put a Three card in it, waiting atm for the card to activate. the one I use is 3G

But will it work in Germany?

Is it a three PAYG or contract sim?

I understand that three contract phones/sims work in parts of Europe as if 'at home', ie no roaming or extra charges, but when I last looked that did not include Germany. Don't know whether that includes PAYG though.
ye my contract phone is also Three and that's why I decided to change to Three on this, unsure if Germany is included in the Three Europe charges but Ill be going over the water on it more than once this year so it will work out cheaper than what I have been using what ever :)
eden
Dealer

funky tunes :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information