Carole Nash....taking the p155....

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

So I now have a 6 wheel policy, 2 scoots a bike and a car....not sure why it's not called a 10 wheel policy :lol: ...the renewal policy is £662.43 and they've kindly calculated if I pay by standing order of £72.26 per month it will cost me £794.92... :o .....so I phone them up and say why has it all gone up so much! after a bit of fumbling I'm told they forgot :evil: to add my discount, they also reduced their broker fee from £70 to £40. Now if I pay up front it's £558.16 nearly £250 differance :shock: .......within this amount is the call out and recovery premium of £49.72 never heard that one before.....!
Angry Bloke

Unfortunately this seems to be the modus operandi for most companies these days ,the existing customer pays the premium so they can offer discounts to new business

Every year at renewal for AA , house insurance , scoot insurance ,pet insurance etc they all write to me saying " As a valued and loyal member " we are putting up your premium by only £1,000,000 and after a phone, during which I'm told " it was a standard letter that should not have been sent to you " the premium either reduces or stays the same .

I look forward to the same routine this year !

It's enough to make you quite angry :D
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
shocky

Thats why I use a local broker prices similar to online ,but personal service and a face and door you can knock if anything goes wrong ;) also my broker doesnt charge for ammendments
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
ArmandTanzarian

The six wheel policy (or 14 wheel in my case!) is such a good deal that I'm very loathe to change it. If they take the p!ss too much though I'll bite the bullet and move.
Meus Lambretta est non infractus. Is est quietus.
Timbo

My dog is insured with Argos.... :? .....for the last few years the renewal premium has gone up substantially so I tell them I won't be renewing :evil: I then go on line and renew it with...............Argos :? At a very similar price to what I've been paying....wtf is that all about.:shock:
a.lo.v2
Main scooter: sx 200

i do not have any loyalty to insurance companies anymore, and change at least one (car/ scoots/ home) every year. left Carole Nash years ago, they were good at first but seem to have a take it or leave it attitude. AA have just touted for my car insurance with a quote 2.5 times higher than i already pay, and i,m a member for F..ks sake!
Timbo

I moaned again after the renewal date and got another £40 off.....still think it's a lot of money.....but a £144.27 off their first price..... :?
Muttley McLadd

I'm surprised a lot of people on here don't ask for a pensioners' discount.
CakeAndArseParty
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

We would, but they keep raising the retirement age. :lol:
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Gone past the life expectancy where I live...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information