Registration??

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
eadmr04

I've got a GP and the frame number is 22/0 and the following number suggests it's 1970/1971 but the registration is X reg 1982. Why would this happen and is there a way of getting an age appropriate plate for it? Thanks.
GBCS
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB250

Hmmm....

Sounds like you could be about to open a can of worms !
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Yes, get a Dating Certificate from the L.C.G.B. and send it to the DVLA and explain. You should get an age related reg' No. The X reg' is probably the first registration it had after the DVLA went computerised and the person registering it didn't really care,

That's assuming it is an Italian bike and not Indian which would also start 22/0,

Rich'
eadmr04

Cheers Rich, it's got the innocenti stamp then 22/0/2193** then an IGM number so think it's definitely Italian?
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

do the numbers of the chassis no look original and unmolested ?
the only reason i can think that an innocenti gp has indian numbers is if its been stolen, then given a frame no off a cheap indian gp to disguise the fact it was stolen, you may be best to just leave it as is, take photos, and rubbings to prove its as you bought it, if you have to register it they may inspect it, specialy if your questioning the reg no or chassis no, as said above, a can of worms. :(
tarmac tickler

do not use lcgb,, use british lambretta archive loads cheaper only 7 quid and u dont have to deal with arseholes
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

tarmac tickler wrote:do not use lcgb,, use british lambretta archive, loads cheaper only 7 quid and u dont have to deal with arseholes
Really :shock:
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

holty wrote:do the numbers of the chassis no look original and unmolested ?
the only reason i can think that an innocenti gp has indian numbers is if its been stolen, then given a frame no off a cheap indian gp to disguise the fact it was stolen, you may be best to just leave it as is, take photos, and rubbings to prove its as you bought it, if you have to register it they may inspect it, specialy if your questioning the reg no or chassis no, as said above, a can of worms. :(
No can of worms at all, nobody has said it has Indian numbers and nothing dodgy. This sort of thing happened in the 80's when nobody really cared after the DVLA records were computerised. Just do what I said above and you WILL get an age related plate.
eadmr04

Cheers all, definitely unmolested, will give it a go.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

eadmr04 wrote:Cheers all, definitely unmolested, will give it a go.
Oh well that sounds promising, I hope it all goes well for you :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information