remade 200cc casings

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
vespaloco
Main scooter: changes by the day

Anybody had any joy with the Malossi P200 or Pinasco P200 casings.
Do the malossi casings come precut for their 210 kits ?
Thanks in advance.
Ginch
Main scooter: Vespa 150 Super

This from SIP might answer your question -

It says in the blurb that some of those cases have been welded. If it was my choice I'd go for the Pinasco cases as they appear to have reinforcement cast in, as well as extra meat around the transfers. Also the flywheel side bearing is a ball bearing and not a roller. The cases are not modified to suit a particular cylinder.
vespaloco
Main scooter: changes by the day

Thanks for your help.
723 euro now though.Pinasco casing look interesting extra meat around the crank mouth,
Last edited by vespaloco on Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Pay the extra & get the pinasco cases... they're so much improved over the original piaggio / re-made malossi cases.
I've just had an engine built around the new pinasco cases by Sean Brady @ ScootErotica & he had nothing but praise for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ginch

cartmel808 wrote:Pay the extra & get the pinasco cases... they're so much improved over the original piaggio / re-made malossi cases.
I've just had an engine built around the new pinasco cases by Sean Brady @ ScootErotica & he had nothing but praise for them.
Am I right in thinking that they've been beefed up in other areas, not just around the opening? And did you get the rotary or reed case?
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

I used the reed ready version or 'slave' as pinasco call it... & yes - as well as the extra material around the transfers, there's also extra strengthening around the main drive bearing area, clutch area, rear shock mount, etc - plus they've been designed to use the bigger t5 type main drive bearing.
The overall quality & finish of the casting is also a lot better than the malossi px cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ginch

I spoke briefly to a guy who said he's built 2 motors using the Pinasco rotary cases. He said they have a lot of clearance between the crank face and rotary pad. Can't remember the exact number but it was double that of the Malossi cases.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information