Honda 205

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
whonatic

I've got a Honda 205 /30mm phbh/ Italian li150 gearing- 15/46

I've just fitted a jl curly having taken off a BGM clubman.

It now accelerates like a scalded cat up to 67/68 mph but that's it, which was the same as BGM clubman in terms of top end speed.

I know I need to dyno to see where it's making it's power, but is anyone running different front rear sprockets as a start for for me to increase the top end speed? Was expecting easily more than 70mph.

Cheers
Paul
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I think the JL3 peaks out around 7k revs and the curly might go 500 higher.

Check your gearing with Tony Cassiday's gearbox calculator

https://avantone.wordpress.com
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
whonatic

Nice one cheers
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

rosscla wrote:I think the JL3 peaks out around 7k revs and the curly might go 500 higher.

Check your gearing with Tony Cassiday's gearbox calculator

https://avantone.wordpress.com
Just had a quick look at a gearbox calculator and with the gearing used it shows 68 mph at 7k rev's so everything looks about right. the final drive is around 5.2 so using a 16T front and going to 4.9 may be the solution. This will take it to 73 at the same 7K revs
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

my cast iron 240 was topping out at 70 with a jl3 , i fitted a very old pm i had to see it it would change , and it was way better through the gears and about 5 mph top end, i have since bought a franspeed race and it fly's ,, jl3 now fitted to my old cast iron 200 and its fine ,,horses for courses i guess. i had a gori on my race rapido 200 and it would rev far better than the jl3,,
whonatic

Cheers People!

I was thinking if I can take it down to something like 4.9 approx, via a sprocket change, that would be good - and more cost effective than yet another pipe!
stew
Main scooter: Series 1 and series 2

Has the barrel been tuned as I would think that would give you a better idea of what it would pull
Loud pipes save lives!!
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

I have a 16/46 li150 set up on a mugello 186 with clubman and it pulls fine.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

stew wrote:Has the barrel been tuned as I would think that would give you a better idea of what it would pull
Yes that's a big factor and why you need to key in the various rpm factors that the gearbox visualiser asks for.
My Mugello is pulling 4.7 but my Imola wouldn't pull 5.0.
whonatic

The barrel has been tuned by a top bloke in Liverpool ( Mark Stevens if anyone knows him ) and it's been together for about 6 years.

I'm changing the gearing 16t front sprocket this weekend so it should be 4.9 rather than 5.22
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information