Keeping it all together?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

I seized my TS1 a couple of weeks ago and have recently rebuilt it. Since the rebuild it has been running rubbish and today I have found the cause, the stator had worked itself loose, and I mean loose, the three Allen bolts were virtually out. I did use a loctite type stuff from Halfords but obviously either it was no good or I didn't use enough? I am realising that most of my issues of late have come about because of things getting loose. My question is, which is the best Loctite to use? One that will handle a bit of heat? Tia :D
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Torque wrench?
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

alanscottj wrote:I seized my TS1 a couple of weeks ago and have recently rebuilt it. Since the rebuild it has been running rubbish and today I have found the cause, the stator had worked itself loose, and I mean loose, the three Allen bolts were virtually out. I did use a loctite type stuff from Halfords but obviously either it was no good or I didn't use enough? I am realising that most of my issues of late have come about because of things getting loose. My question is, which is the best Loctite to use? One that will handle a bit of heat? Tia :D
I always use "Loctite" blue on all my threads and I've never had any come loose.Make sure you use the "real" stuff.
alanscottj

HxPaul wrote:
alanscottj wrote:I seized my TS1 a couple of weeks ago and have recently rebuilt it. Since the rebuild it has been running rubbish and today I have found the cause, the stator had worked itself loose, and I mean loose, the three Allen bolts were virtually out. I did use a loctite type stuff from Halfords but obviously either it was no good or I didn't use enough? I am realising that most of my issues of late have come about because of things getting loose. My question is, which is the best Loctite to use? One that will handle a bit of heat? Tia :D
I always use "Loctite" blue on all my threads and I've never had any come loose.Make sure you use the "real" stuff.

Thanks mate, I'll have a look on line for the 'real' stuff :D
alanscottj

Timbo wrote:Torque wrench?
I have one for the biggerv things, cylinder head etc, but not for the small bolts, like the stator nuts etc. Having a look now on line for a smaller torque wrench :D
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Loctite 243.
alanscottj

psychedelicropcircle wrote:Loctite 243.
I think I got 242 :?:
wack 63
Main scooter: '71 GP TS1

I'd be checking the crank for true as well.
coaster

Also, it's no good putting Loctite on dirty treads, use brake or carb cleaner to clean the bolts and threads in the case and allow to dry before applying the threadlock.
coaster

wack 63 wrote:I'd be checking the crank for true as well.
With some ingenuity and a dial gauge it is quite possible to do this with the engine insitu with the gauge pointer running on the outer end of the taper.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information