Ts1 steel liner options

FREE tuning and maintenance info, plus links to our original tuning pages that started it all off.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I'm about to start a new project and I like the idea of a steel lined ts1.

If I start with a 225, can I line it and keep to 70mm piston or will I need to reduce the bore to accommodate the liner?
gaz_powell

You tell them what you want - you can have it done at 70mm.
Best thing to do is give them the piston - so they can line it then bore it to suit to what tolerance you want.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Magic, thanks gaz.

Next question......

I'm not trying to build a race bike, so I was thinking about using a torquey pipe. I'd like to use a bgm clubman but I'm concerned it's too much of a mismatch and I won't get the benefit of the pipe's characteristics nor those of the ts1.

Does anyone have experience of this combination?
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

Just had this done after wrecking my TS1 barrel.It was Pro Porting Harry B tuned. Sent it of to PJME engineers who sleeved it to the piston I supplied. I got a new Wossner 71mm (actually 70.94 mm) from AF, I then had the piston ceramic coated by Camcoat.

PJME sleeved and bored to suit piston.
Only just got it back together, runs great although I'll have to run it in now. Set up is 35mm TMX, Chiselspeed ADS3, Ron Moss Avanti head, 60 x 110 Harry B crank, M Tech ignition box. Prior to damage it had been dyno'd at Chiselspeed, 24.5 BHP and 21 ft lb torque. Hoping it pulls a bit more torque now once run in.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information