I need help hunting down my dad's Lambretta

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
ibby4585

Hi Colin.

Many thanks I've just joined Facebook! (never thought I'd do that in my lifetime) and I've sent the guy a pm.

Roughly how much for a straight TV175 please and a nice 150 special?

Cheers
Kris
lambro

I have a customers 125 Special at work, all original blue mettalic (apart from the front lower left legshield, old repair), stunning and no rust, all standard and will be 12 month MOT'd from tomorrow.
He is asking £3000.
That is about right for a good special not needing restoring,
You may get a non running TV for a little more.

Shaun.
coaster

ibby4585 wrote:Hi Colin.

Many thanks I've just joined Facebook! (never thought I'd do that in my lifetime) and I've sent the guy a pm.

Roughly how much for a straight TV175 please and a nice 150 special?

Cheers
Kris
I don't know about TV175's but a restoration project Li125S or Li150S is likely to set you back at least £1500 and you will probably end up spending at least that again. The UK scoot offered above wold make good economic sense but then where does sense fit into the issue of buying a Lambretta? When I got my Li125S, I opted for a full restoration project as I wanted a scooter I could build to my specification and standard paint schemes didn't appeal. That was back in 2005, it was my wife's gift to me on my 50th and she paid £1k for it
And after a year or so and at least another £1700 which did include a full engine rebuild with an Mugello 186 cylinder kit.
Excuse the front wheel being so high, it was due to the badly made ScootRs stand (now modified) All the paint was applied by spray cans, primer, top coats and clear coat. Gives you an idea of what's possible ;)
ibby4585

So after speaking with my dad we are both realistic that his old scoot has gone up to the big scrapyard in the sky.

He has lost interest in it a bit. But wants me to get something I will enjoy. I was never a fan of white and yellow if I'm honest so that's a relief.

so I've got pretty much free reign on anything. I still want to go for a series 3 renovation or even a gp.

I've just bought a few bits to read also.

Stickys book and a few articles I've found.

What's the general consensus about Indian gp's?
ibby4585

So after a bit of searching I've managed to find my dad.and myself a Lambretta.

Its a 1964 TV175 in white and yellow which will please my dad, from the photos I've seen it looks pretty clean and has been refurbished at some point.

The only down sides with it. It hasn't got the original engine it has an sx200 motor in it.

And another downside is i have to wait until the end of October to get it delivered.

Plans are just to get it running properly mot it and get it registered. Then see how it goes from there.

Pics to follow.
coaster

Well done there, I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about the SX200 engine, easily worth more than a TV 175 engine and with Italian made Lambrettas the engine an frame numbers never matched anyway.
ibby4585

Here it is. I'm well chuffed,but a little worried what horrors might be waiting for me.

psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Looks ok at a first glance where did it come from ? Looks like a dealer with all em bikes which one?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Lambretta Finder? I think he was advertising for delivery in October.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
lambro

Looks like Brit mod style one, maybe insurance write off?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information