Lambretta water cooled engine at Mersea

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
poppygun
Playstation gamer tag: poppygun
Main scooter: GP200 1969

Any body got more details about the Lambretta water cooled fuel injection engine that was at Mersea island at the weekend as lost my leaflet
believe it was £8000 was trying to find more info on the web but no luck ?
Thanks
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

I binned my leaflet, looked like a nice piece of engineering but £8k for a 20 bhp engine, struggling to see where the market for this is?
dutch

£8k + vat
shocky

8k is a roll in roll out service so I understand
didn't see this thread I posted in general scooter chat as he does vespa conversions as well
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

How many are on the road, what is the reliability like, what about availability and price of spares. £9.6k inc VAT is a hell of a lot of money for something that produces less power than most kits out there.
shocky

Full size 5 speed gearbox, new casings , crank , clutch etc
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
coaster

There is a thread running on the Lambrettas for Sale group on FB, the £8k plus vat includes fitting, dyno and a 5k mile or 12 month warranty period. it's a 172cc conversion but there was no technical info when I last looked. The installation does look incredibly well thought out and seems to be using a modified Lambretta casing but the kickstart seems to be heavily modified i.e. re-positioned further back?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Why go to all that trouble of producing something so 'high end' and only make the engine capacity 172/180cc?????

At that price point and given the rest of design and engineering that's gone into it......why not 225/250 and a solid 30bhp/25ft-lbs with a broad spread and a decent final drive ratio???!

Seems odd.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
dutch

coaster wrote:There is a thread running on the Lambrettas for Sale group on FB, the £8k plus vat includes fitting, dyno and a 5k mile or 12 month warranty period. it's a 172cc conversion but there was no technical info when I last looked. The installation does look incredibly well thought out and seems to be using a modified Lambretta casing but the kickstart seems to be heavily modified i.e. re-positioned further back?

They say that they made the engine case as with all the components, the kick start is mainly for show but it is the electric start switch.

i saw it at mersey and had a good chat with them, i also can't see a market for it with that price tag.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information