First scoot (Lambretta) which model is best for a newb?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
dave411
Main scooter: Li 125

ktmh5 wrote:
dave411 wrote:I was in the same situation as you before I bought mine.Havent passed my bike test etc etc,so I bought an Li 125.I love it.But it was a bit slow,more so on hills,and we plenty of those in Wales.So,I decided to fit a 150 cylinder,head and 42 mm exhaust.Changed the jets in the carb to 150 ones,job done,only thing is,Its now ilegal :o :o
Your choice.
...and you are prepared for the consequences by declaring this on a public forum.....unbelievable!!!!

I am with Bristolmod all the way.
Ahem,dont assume anything.I never acctually put it on the road,and its now in a thousnd bits,in my garage.Rebuild is a slow process,and I WILL be doing my bike test BEFORE it goes back on the road,with. muggy 200 etc,etc :lol: :lol:
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

A lot of people won't reply but NOT for the reasons you would like to believe. I wasn't going to but sadly this thread has been hijacked and all of the useful advice has been buried.
Start an alternative thread if you want to argue with the scootering world; I doubt you'll get many replies. :|
Herman
Main scooter: GP200

Chris in Margate wrote:A lot of people won't reply but NOT for the reasons you would like to believe. I wasn't going to but sadly this thread has been hijacked and all of the useful advice has been buried.
Start an alternative thread if you want to argue with the scootering world; I doubt you'll get many replies. :|
+1
Autobahn
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

+2
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

ipman wrote:so your all telling me that you dont need to change your logbooks when you change the cc of your vehicle?

https://www.gov.uk/change-vehicle-detai ... ertificate

check this link before you answer :lol:
It's actually not that important for vehicles in "Historic Vehicle Class" as there is no road tax to pay and anyone who does their own upgrades would have difficulty proving so unless they know a friendly dealer or engineer who would verify this for them in writing. As said the important bit is the insurance declaration.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

ipman wrote:so your all telling me that you dont need to change your logbooks when you change the cc of your vehicle?

https://www.gov.uk/change-vehicle-detai ... ertificate

check this link before you answer :lol:
I'll bet nobody has done this when they've fitted a race seat designed for one person.

Ie, seating capacity. :mrgreen:
a.j

I've declared all my mods & 'extra's, purely for the agreed value.
ipman

Chris in Margate wrote:A lot of people won't reply but NOT for the reasons you would like to believe. I wasn't going to but sadly this thread has been hijacked and all of the useful advice has been buried.
your wrong mate on both points your trying to make,I understand people will try to ignore me but lets be honest if I was wrong I would have every man and his dog jumping in to tell me,thats just the way forums work :lol:

if any of the above posters would like to ring the dvla and ask the questions I'm asking here they might get a surprise,,cant see them coming back with the results but hey ho,I already know I'm right :lol:

hijacking?? i would of thought people would like to know about buying tuned scooters or fitting bigger engines and cylinders?,,,,oh forgot we need to talk about insurance,,,insurance,,,insurance(sleeping smiley)
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Sunshine you don't frighten me. I have seen too many forum users just like you who attack fellow forum users from the safety and security of their keyboards.
I am actually annoyed with myself for making comment and extending your notoriety for just a little while longer.
Most of the other contributors to this thread have, unlike myself, shown good sense and exercised a level of patience and restraint; that's why they are no longer responding to your deliberately constructed and we'll thought out provocative statements. You have had your audience again this week; now go annoy somebody else.
Show some courage and start a fresh thread that encompasses all of your angst !
warts
Main scooter: honda

I don't think the DVLA give a flying f@@k.
My original logbook for the big bike states it's a 998cc. Guzzi never made a 998, the largest Guzzi sold here in 1979 when my bike was made was 948cc.
On some occasion when there was talk of issuing fuel rationing chits, I gave them a ring - the good old days eh! - and they said it didn't matter and they didn't care... they certainly were not going to issue a new logbook.
You could almost hear the guy's eyes rolling down the phone.

Insurance - different story. We all know, any excuse to refuse a pay out. Plus we really owe it to others to be properly insured. Both 3rd parties and our families who may have to pick up the pieces.

Of course if Customs and Excise find out, they can be really nasty. Powers of search and seizure far beyond what the police can do.

How often does this happen? I've never met or heard of anyone being caught - anyone?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information