Ally weld repair?pics of damage.

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
ove

Had a chain guide bolt make a bid for freedom and did some damage to the casing. Do i need to get someone to weld repair it or will putty weld repair be ok?

ImageImage

Had a lucky escape really as it could of become jammed in gearbox or between chain and sprocket.

But it did find a weak spot and it was free.

Sidecasing cover will now be listed on ebay as spares or repair!!!! only joking, its in scrap bin now.
lammydave
Main scooter: Li150Special RT195

MB
Li150 S2 1959. Li150 Special 1964. GP125 1970. Jet 200 Performer 1981. 1967 Sx150. 1959 Li150 S1. 1968 li125 Series 4
Angry Bloke

I'd go for a welded repair - CS Engineering in Norwich
Je fettle - Tu fettle - Il fettle - Nous fettleons - Vous fettlez - Ils fettlent

"Broadsword calling Danny boy ,Broadsword calling Danny boy ,over "
onthelam
Main scooter: not yet

If convenient go for the Norwich option.

Otherwise I will say that as the crack is not load bearing and with a new cover screwed on will not effect the structural integrity of the case. That you could fix it with JB Weld or some form of plastic metal. Just make sure it is clean and oil free before doing so.
Looks like the escapee whacked the clutch plates before leaving . Make sure they can operate as designed.
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

I think the fella is taking the p155! He's already said the case is going in the bin. Or am I reading this wrong ?
ove

cgt75b wrote:I think the fella is taking the p155! He's already said the case is going in the bin. Or am I reading this wrong ?
Not taking the p1ss as i said the side casing cover is in the bin not the casing.

thanks for all the replies, I`ve been in contact with local welder who has welded motorbike casing before, i`ve got to take it to him to see if he can/will do the job if not i`ll take a trip to cs in Norwich.
onthelam
Main scooter: not yet

Whatever works for you. But at least you have options.

But seriously when the "new" cover is bolted on the crack is not load bearing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information