Motoplat/Serveta electronic spares.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
speedy
Main scooter: lambretta af s type ts1

I've just got my jet 200 ready and on the road. It has the later Motoplat electronic system fitted, with strange three quarter of a ton flywheel on sx taper. Now I have a spare fltwheel, stator and regulator, but wondered if anyone knew where I could get a spare cdi unit for one.? They are the red ones by the way. Cheers,Speedy.
lockman69

I wouldn't worry about the cdi, the crank will shear off long before the cdi packs up... Lol
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Many a true word... etc.
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

i think i have a cdi ,ill check for you later,
speedy

lockman69 wrote:I wouldn't worry about the cdi, the crank will shear off long before the cdi packs up... Lol
Tat does worry me :cry:
speedy

gerryjunior wrote:i think i have a cdi ,ill check for you later,
Thankyou mi duck, much appreciated. :D
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

At Euro Lambretta Lincoln, Esther from the Spanish club was on the look out for a replacement crank as the Motoplat flywheel had ripped the taper off her standard LI/SX type weak taper crank. When she mentioned it to me I said, semi jokingly, "Well if you will go hanging a heavy Motoplat electronic flywheel off a weak LI/SX type crank....!", to which she replied, "If only! It's the lighter standard weight points flywheel that has just sheared the taper off my crank!" With that being the case, what chance does the heavier Electronic flywheel have?

I know enough people that have sheared LI/SX crank tapers in standard Italian 200s, and a number of close pals that have sheared Motoplat electronics on standard engines (including a new factory assembled motor) to think that it isn't the best of ideas. Great lights though!

Best of luck with it.

Adam
carlos fandango

How about these , i think they should have one :)

http://www.uk-motoplat.com/home.html

Ive got a mate whos going to xray one of my motoplat flywheels to see where and if it can be lighten :)
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
joeswoonara
Main scooter: jet ts1

i`m pretty sure i have one (cdi) in the garage you can have , whereabouts are you Speedy ? may have a crank too :D
never squat down when wearing spurs !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information