Vespa Digital Speedo Cable

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

Has anyone fitted the digital speedometer cable to there Vespa, if so would they mind explaining or better still post pictures of how it fits on the hub, or where it goes on the hub.
Cheers Gary
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

I've fitted the Koso one that attaches to a SIP Speedo (v2.0), is that what you mean?

I found the (very expensive) bracket fitted perfectly on my franz exhaust clamp and I could position the sensor over a wheel nut. I drilled the end of the wheel nut and set the sensor magnet in the hole.
GLscoot

GeorgeS

Yes, that's the one I have, connected to the SIP V2.0 Speedo.

I'll take a picture later in case that helps.
GLscoot

If you could post a picture that would be great, I need to see pictures of how it connects at the bottom. The headset is fine I know where it goes up there.
Cheers
GeorgeS

Here you go:

The bracket has a grub screw so you have an "in/out" adjustment there and the bracket allows the "front/back" adjustment. You can see the magnet on the end of the wheel nut. The sensor lights up blue when the magnet passes.
GLscoot

George, Thats really not what I was expecting. I was planning on fitting it to my front wheel. Does the brackets come with the cable or do you have to buy all that stuff separate. I am fitting it to a GS150.
Cheers
GeorgeS

I was expecting to fix it to the front wheel but couldn't find a good fixing point and the exhaust bracket turned out to be just right. Essentially it does matter where you fit it, it only has to pick up the rotation of the wheel. The bracket was separate to the sensor and rather pricey, you could make your own I guess.
GLscoot

Does the censor at the end of the cable, detach, what I mean does it unscrew then fit through the bracket and then you tighten it back up and I assume the magnet can be placed anywhere. Does it need calibrated in anyway.
GeorgeS

There's a grub screw on the bracket so the sensor can slide in/out, on the photo you can just about see it on the end of the bracket arm. Your speedo should have some kind of calibration option, as you have to tell it how far the bike has travelled per wheel revolution. The magnet can go anywhere, wherever it's convenient to attack the sensor/bracket.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information