Run Cancelled and they Wonder Why

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
wurzel
Main scooter: TV 175 / JET 200

All this crazy political correctness s**t goes back to the 80's when the likes of Mad Bernie Grant decided things like 'Manhole covers'
should be renamed 'Drainage inspection ports' because it was sexist and Hyde Park should be renamed Nelson Mandella Park.
The truth is our lass would never think about going down a sewer and it takes most of us all our time to spell Hyde.
The trouble in this country is there are way too many do-gooders just dying too get offended on behalf of other people.
If people are genuinely offended they usually let you know and most of us know what is really offensive.
The British in general have a great sense of humour and God forbid we are stopped from using it.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

b@11@x I can't go after thinking I could beat the crowds at Brid by joining the Lcgb
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Yippee miss read I can go as long as no one sees my tattoos
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

soulboy wrote:
bristolmod wrote:whilst it might be quite amusing to certain sections of "the scene", items 3 and 4 bring the posting; the poster; the club, and posibly the Web Host in direct contravention of UK and some International Law.

Another case of scooterings " it don't apply to me Guv" attitude?

Post Racist/ sexist comments at your own peril- once its on the Web its World wide and forever........

Chris
get a life :evil:
Nothing to do with getting a life and its obvious one or two don't grasp the possible outcome of some postings.

My own views on Racism/ sexism are my mine and mine alone- there is no-one on here that knows my views and opinions.

All I am trying to say, is that there are people and organisations out there that take postings such as the initial one very seriously. You can call these people "Political Correctness gone mad" or whatever you like.

The sad fact is that they do have the Law on their side, and if they spot a "politically incorect" posting and it is against the Law, they may take action. I am all for free speach but when I know that there may be a left wing pinko tree hugger reading my messages with nothing better to do that start legal action then that does worry me a tad.

No doubt our "thought masters" have better things to do than look at a scooter rally posting, but stranger things have happened on-line.

As JFK once said, "you can disagree with the law but you break it at your own peril"

I don't give a flying f@@k about the referance to women or "coloureds"- I do worry that some poster is stumbling into a political and legal minefield without realising it.

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Lamaddict

I didn't mention the club and it looks like General Scooter Chat to me, so the moderators stayed cool.

At the minute, I'm living in the Land of the Free and they have freedom of speech as one of the amendments. Unlike the UK, where you do not have freedom of speech which seems Orwellian to me. Here in the Great Satan we can say anything we want, shout to someone that they are a ..... and the police/law can't do anything about it.

The club mentioned seem too elitist and what a shame. Although I think grow men in Pork pie hats look a bit daft, why discriminate against them? Discrimination here is PC gone mad, it's Black History month at the minute etc.

Nice to see the banter here. On Lambretta Tech section I'm desperate to know more about an Aquila Continental seat frame I've just got. ;)
rbgaz
Main scooter: gp rb230 dragster 180lc

i f@@king hate a vespa ! so sue me ! and anything mod !
rbgaz

and anyone putting whitewall tyres on their scoot should have their b@11@x put through a mangle whilst being slaped round the face with a wet kipper
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

rbgaz wrote:and anyone putting whitewall tyres on their scoot should have their b@11@x put through a mangle whilst being slaped round the face with a wet kipper
some blokes round here pay good money for that............................ :D
Scootering since 1968.
rbgaz

didnt know u lived in braintree lol
ducksta

rbgaz wrote:i f@@king hate a vespa ! so sue me ! and anything mod !
Which came first the chicken or the egg nobody knows but we all know the vespa came first the original scooter, copied by lambretta so you wouldnt have a lammy if it wernt for the vespa
live life your a long time dead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information