Classic Lambretta

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
andychain

The company went bust and he took out an IVA about 3 months later according to him.

I am not an accountant but the companies than have gone into receivership on me have
acted in a different way. For instance the receivers have contacted me as they take over the company
including all invoices and paperwork I have not had to contact them, indeed the only information I
have been able to get is from this very forum. Information is difficult to get when you only have
a defunct address and a phone number thay does not work.

As for Chris letting the receivers know at a meeting next week well I am not holding my breath.
Bust in Oct 2013 and the receivers still working on it in 2015 ??????

Until I know differently I will still be sceptical especially as his ex employee wants chains (paid up front)
sent to a company in Eastwood.......see posts above.

The only reason I started this post is try and find the truth. So far the messages I had have done nothing
to ease my sceptism.

Anybody knowing the name or address of the supposed unit in Eastwood please let me know, I
know where I am sending the chains but I wont put the company on here in case its cosher.

Andy
Toot-oasc
Main scooter: Lambretta

servetapaul wrote:As I understand it a liquidator can auction the stock and sometimes it can be bought by new business at a fraction of the new cost especially if it's done out of the area and you keep it quiet so no competitors can out bid you.
Yea, I recall another well know scooter dealer doing something similar, allegedly. A knock on effect of this was apparently a well know European Scooter Parts manufacturer subsequently went out of business due to a single creditor not paying a sizeable outstanding bill for parts already supplied. (Not that I'm in anyway directly linking the two, although the coincidence of the timing is somewhat surprising).

The same well know scooter dealer is still in business (only just, from what I have been told word of mouth), which is shocking, in my humble opinion.
andychain

I have been in business many years and retired 14 years ago to do my own thing which
is wonderful.

It is a shame that although I have many many good friends and customers in the scooter
world, out of my several hundred customers which include many high profile clients in
the motor sector, I have only ever had 2 companies s..t on me...both scooter businesses.

There are many wonderfully tallented scooter guys on the forum with a wealth of knowledge
and it is important to find out the truth about guys like Classic Lambretta. I am still hopeful
that he will come good and my fears that I am being led by the nose will be unfounded.

Thanks to peeps on hear that have have been more than helpful.

Andy
andychain

Latest.

Had a phone call on Tuesday saying meeting had been put back and he would ring
next day..........no call.

A little bird has told me that Chris has got a new unit in Heanor.....any news would
be well received.

Andy
wayne s
Main scooter: LI200

They are selling a series 2 on facebook
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

He's working out of the industrial estate behind the Texaco garage I have been informed.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

andychain

Your right mate.......1 week and still no promised phone call from the man.

Drove round the estates near the Texaco garage lots os units with no signs outside.

Any body know what motor he drives?

Andy
jazzyb

andychain wrote:Your right mate.......1 week and still no promised phone call from the man.

Drove round the estates near the Texaco garage lots os units with no signs outside.

Any body know what motor he drives?

Andy
Ring terry at race paint uk he might no something
andychain

Already have and there is no love lost there (between Race Paint and Chris that is)

Andy

Thanks tho
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information