egt probe position

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tea5ive
Main scooter: cometa 140

here is a few pics.

coaster

Good to see you have the right angled type probe, for some reason they seem to last longer than the straight ones :?
tea5ive

hope it lasts , it was supplied with the gauge :roll: .
Yanker

My Westach didn't, but intrested whoe's does: K-Type that is?
tea5ive

The probe is supplied by speedhut along with the gauge. Will have a look to see what type it is
coaster

tea5ive wrote:The probe is supplied by speedhut along with the gauge. Will have a look to see what type it is
It will be a K type, I think they nearly all are. I had a chat once with a gut that supplies gauges for microlites who told me they are ALL made in China so I guess it is probably pot luck. I went through a couple of the straight ones and then spotted the right-angled variety and thought it might be slightly less stressed and therefor less affected by vibration? Anyway, it was still working ok after a few thousand miles when I accidently damaged it when I removed the exhaust :oops: Paid about £10 for it or thereabouts direct from an ebay supplier in China.
nelson pk

Best probes, I find, are the ones Cam lam sell separate to the koso EGT kit. I had one on my Monza and then transferred it to my "half inched" super Monza......lasted for a good 3 years and was still going. I believe they come from the us but they are fooking expensive compared to others but you get what you pay for I guess.
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

nelson pk wrote:Best probes, I find, are the ones Cam lam sell separate to the koso EGT kit. I had one on my Monza and then transferred it to my "half inched" super Monza......lasted for a good 3 years and was still going. I believe they come from the us but they are fooking expensive compared to others but you get what you pay for I guess.
£146 :o :o :o :o
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

Hi Simon, there is a picture of an egt sensor that I fitted to one of my Stealths on ebay, search Lambretta Exhaust. Apparently it was designed by a Honda Engineer? For the record, I designed it and although many areas of my past are foggy (alcohol induced mainly), Ive never worked for Honda. The layout of that Stealth is a variation of my own, where exhaust bleed is from the front divergent cone and exits at the rear. From the side it appears to have no silencer at all! As good as all ground clearance wise and build. Im not selling it, but I do think its a bargain currently. Regards, Simon.
tea5ive

hi, cheers for the info 8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information