AF/KBA or MBD/BGM Exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
slangen
Main scooter: TV200

I can confirm that I have tried MANY exhausts with a standard gt186, standard port times with 58/107 and I liked the AF/KBA MUCH better than the BGM.
a.j

I've never come across a GT186 that doesn't go very well regardless of what you stick on the end..
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

coaster wrote: Storkfoot has a BGM on his GT186 and I can confirm that it goes VERY well 8-)
Hi, Col :)

Yes, in my opinion, the MB Clubman produces what Broady set out to achieve ie. Expansion "type" performance from a box pipe. Standard GT186, porcupine head, 115 RD400 conrod. I have a 30 PHBH though.

I have had it on the dyno and it does hold on to the power for a long time with lots of torque.

I did briefly have an old Indian big bore on this engine before the first MB Clubmans came out. I wouldn't go back to a Clubman on this engine but that's because I use this engine for long distance touring as well as going to work. It pulls so much stronger towards the top of the rev range.
Dimitrios_231

Dyno comparison between Mito,MB BGM V2 and Tino's Ancillotti,
on a 185 Mugello with standard 22mm carb.

The Mito is a clear winner.

vespaloco
Main scooter: changes by the day

Im in the same boat really.I have a AF175 equipped Lambretta which ive spent many hours tinkering with.
Running a standard 20mm with unmodified airbox and 108 main jet.
As smooth as silk to be honest but still running a standard SIL pipe runs upto 95kph 60mph ok but think it has a little more.
im a big bloke also so dont expect 80mph.
Do i go with a standard AF/KBA 42mm pipe or even the expense of a MB Big box of if this overkill.
Would a 48mm Clubman murder the torque on a 175 but improve top end ?
Also like the look of the scootopia clubman anybody tried these.?
Happy new year and ride safe.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

All I can tell you is that I've got a Scootopia Clubman and it's a nice bit of kit. Although, I've not actually fitted it yet I would expect it to be the same as the Sito Ancillotti, which it resembles and I can personally vouch for those going very well. :D
Arborman
Main scooter: RB22

Running a BGM on my Imola....works for me
gerryjunior
Xbox live gamer tag: no
Playstation gamer tag: no
Main scooter: lambretta li 2

ive tried a few , KBA is a good pipe if your using a mild tune or slightly larger carb etc , they are the best for value on this set up imo,
ANCILLOTTI has more or less the same power wise , it sounds Really nice but they crack easily and dont last as long as the kba , at least the 2 i had didn't .
GORI is a nice revvy pipe if your using a kit , i ran mine on a race rapido with 30mil carb and had good results , but it was Loud and eventually split. but
i would use one again with a kit .
Mb Bgm im currently using on the same rapido, a bit loud tbh , but a nice solid feeling pipe and i like the stub type fitting, revs well and nice and smooth, so
i suppose its all down to the set up your using them with....ill let you know in year if its still alive,, i live in southern Ireland and the roads here test a
lambretta pipe , especially the b roads ,, hope this helps,
ipman

Gori race exhaust
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information