The end of the Lambretta crank as we know it ???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

Hi Dave.. please come to a meet, maybe Donny this year if it comes off. Have a look at the mad group 4 machines.
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
sean brady scooters
Dealer

but just to add............
in your words..........(and not mine)..............charlie is maybe one of those monkeys that has found a way....................
surely you dave cannot be unaware of his speeds/power/lap times..................?

disregarding his excellant riding skills............you surely must wonder about his tuning /building skills....................

he is after all,taking giant leaps...............getting approx 35 bhp..............plus. :shock:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Avantone wrote:So going back to the bell shaped webs rather than the LPC debate:

1. Would the shape of the webs cause turbulence?

2. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

3. Could the shape of the trailing edge be used to help fill the crankcase?

4. Would it be beneficial to have a better shaped leading edge to reduce drag?

5. When you remove the material from the webs, how do you address the motors balance ....... scientific or guess?

6. Is there a better way of reducing PC i.e. skimming the webs, removing crankcase material from around the webs, adding an additional reservoir to the crankcase, longer conrod, other?
Any thoughts, or has this thread run it's course?................................ Perhaps I should start another thread on oil ratios :lol:
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
tony

Ok, ok...I admit to using a bell crank.
I call it the 'Big Ben' design as it revs it rings when It hits 12!! :bouncyeng:
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Avantone wrote:
Avantone wrote:So going back to the bell shaped webs rather than the LPC debate:

1. Would the shape of the webs cause turbulence?

2. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

3. Could the shape of the trailing edge be used to help fill the crankcase?

4. Would it be beneficial to have a better shaped leading edge to reduce drag?

5. When you remove the material from the webs, how do you address the motors balance ....... scientific or guess?

6. Is there a better way of reducing PC i.e. skimming the webs, removing crankcase material from around the webs, adding an additional reservoir to the crankcase, longer conrod, other?
Any thoughts, or has this thread run it's course?................................ Perhaps I should start another thread on oil ratios :lol:
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Im off if your gonna start that
:lol:
Smiffy
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
sean brady scooters
Dealer

AVANTONE...............
it seems that maybe this topic/thread is now temporarily stalling...............

i was hoping that others would now help out and answer your questions...........
i too was looking forward to seeing the replies................ :D
i felt that personally there was no need for me to reply as i,m sure you are aware that all my explanations so far have been more than covered in previous posts/topics............with help from dan
as well as lots of pics to help...........
we (dan and myself) have done our best to show and explain this whole topic as best we can...............and as far as we understand it..........
but it seems like others are less willing for some reason...............to contribute and help......................even though they could............ :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
tony

Hee.. if it was my stuff, I had learned about it off my own back, spent hours and hours of my own time , spending hundreds developing and testing/re testing... then I would give more info.
Fact is..I didn't. Charlie did it. Why should I give it away? Bang goes my friendship, my sponsorship and no one would ever trust me again.
So... he gave you some of the the clues.. get testing fellas ;)
ralph95

sean brady scooters wrote:but just to add............
in your words..........(and not mine)..............charlie is maybe one of those monkeys that has found a way....................
surely you dave cannot be unaware of his speeds/power/lap times..................?

disregarding his excellant riding skills............you surely must wonder about his tuning /building skills....................

he is after all,taking giant leaps...............getting approx 35 bhp..............plus. :shock:
i have to say paul baker is another tuner who is getting 35 plus out of a lambretta but with different approach :twisted:
three wheels on my wagon
http://www.srpracetech.co.uk/
sponsored by www.opieoils.co.uk
Avantone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

sean brady scooters wrote:AVANTONE...............
it seems that maybe this topic/thread is now temporarily stalling...............

i was hoping that others would now help out and answer your questions...........
i too was looking forward to seeing the replies................ :D
i felt that personally there was no need for me to reply as i,m sure you are aware that all my explanations so far have been more than covered in previous posts/topics............with help from dan
as well as lots of pics to help...........
we (dan and myself) have done our best to show and explain this whole topic as best we can...............and as far as we understand it..........
but it seems like others are less willing for some reason...............to contribute and help......................even though they could............ :lol:
I feel like the whole essence of the debate/forum has been missed by some...............

I like talking about this s**t, I like sharing ideas and talking about theory with like minded people and I'm not afraid to ask questions and look like a cock on a public forum :D .

However I have raced in a previous life, and do appreciate (and have said a number of times) that development is long, hard and expensive and that I wouldn't expect a racer having made that commitment to share detail on a public forum - In fact there are details I was privy to 20 years ago that still have relevance, and I still respect that confidentiality as they're not my ideas to share.

But that isn't a reason for us not to have a bit of fun debating some of this stuff. This thread has drawn some "names" out of the woodwork, though I detect a slight irritation inferred in some their replies which I don't understand. :?

My view all along is to debate and challenge the theory (particularly where detail is simply regurgitating ancient tuning articles or common folklore) - if others contribute then great.....................However the difference is IF someone is making a commercially available product isn't it reasonable to see an explanation of what it's supposed to do, backed up with data, otherwise why would you buy it?

Peace Image
Tony

Download the (Original) Lambretta Gearbox Visualiser
www.lambrettagearbox.com
156 D

.........I understand where you are coming from Tony, but even in my petty street racing in the early sixties if you won the race your name was banded about that you have a fast machine just like "Charlie" is with today`s circuit racing.......but he is talking privately between his chosen trusty few.........which in my mind is quite right.......during my street racing era i never let on what i had done to my machine and won all the time......furthermore i never let anyone ever drive my scooter i was the only one allowed to.....when you lose the race you also loose face............This thread has had the debate about LCR or HCR so it has not really lost it`s way only from the fact that perhaps it was started to screw some knowledge cheaply out of some people`s brains ....which did not work.....as they would not directly let on .......the posts are like spoken in parables, the answers are there but have to be worked out.......finally i think the simple word COMPETITION hasn`t been mentioned because ultimately this is what it is all about....that`s why you race as it is to see who is the best at racing .........those with the best brains reap the best rewards ;)
Nostalgia is a thing of the past!....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information