Vespa Winter Project

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ducksta

about 800 but every engine differant m8
live life your a long time dead
GLscoot
Main scooter: Vespa GS150

800rpm, well i would think 1100rpm is probably a bit high. engine specs below. its very responsive for the 2 x 200m laps of my crescent, unfortunately the front end is being put on the back burner, spent too long trying to get the wheel alignment correct and it sits about 10mm of centre which i thought would be ok, can't move the engine anymore to the left and to be honest well fuccked off with it. having to put the original front end back in. all i want to do is ride the fuccking thing.

Worb5 gas flowed crank
Polini 180 barrel, casings ported to match
SIP banded Cosa 2 clutch 22 tooth
Primary 67 tooth
T5, 4th gear
Giannelli Exhasut
MMW manifold with RD350 reeds
Dellorto 26mm PHBH carburettor, 110 main jet, 50 idle jet and 70 float jet
GLscoot

Finally the scooter is finished, although the disc brake on the front had to be removed, wheel alignment out by around 12mm which was way too much to take the risk. I believe the GS forks are to blame and so I will need a set of GL, Sprint or Rally forks and then I will need to fabricate the mudguard mount to fit the GS mudguard, a modification that was going to take to long so will wait until the winter to sort that problem.
Gary
GLscoot

GLscoot wrote:800rpm, well i would think 1100rpm is probably a bit high. engine specs below. its very responsive for the 2 x 200m laps of my crescent, unfortunately the front end is being put on the back burner, spent too long trying to get the wheel alignment correct and it sits about 10mm of centre which i thought would be ok, can't move the engine anymore to the left and to be honest well fuccked off with it. having to put the original front end back in. all i want to do is ride the fuccking thing.

Worb5 gas flowed crank
Polini 180 barrel, casings ported to match
SIP banded Cosa 2 clutch 22 tooth
Primary 67 tooth
T5, 4th gear
Giannelli Exhasut
MMW manifold with RD350 reeds
Dellorto 26mm PHBH carburettor, 110 main jet, 50 idle jet and 70 float jet
Ive more or less run the engine in now and Ive had a couple of small sprints out side my village, managed to get it up to 50mph (there was still more) in 3rd gear. Is this about right.
Gary
bag5y01uk

Ive more or less run the engine in now and Ive had a couple of small sprints out side my village, managed to get it up to 50mph (there was still more) in 3rd gear. Is this about right.
Gary
Sounds about spot on to me mate, although if you haven't already I would think about a fuel pump. Your set up is about the same as mine although Im running rotary.
Cheers baggsy
Southern Templars SC Plymouth
GLscoot

Due to the youngest going to college this year finances are at a premium so no project this year. Instead Im changing this scooter again, before I start i would like to thank "cartmel" for putting me on to this exhaust and "norrie bodge" for putting me in touch with Oliver Lomas (top bloke).

The original exhaust did not fit so I contacted Oliver and he had one of his welders make me another barrel manifold, which done the job perfectly. Still have to work on the exhaust/engine bracket, but even I have sorted that problem out and I will get my mate to do the welding.

I had destroyed a couple of remade panels a couple of years ago so decided to do a battery side panel the same as the engine side panel, a bit of a nightmare as theres going to be about 8 pieces to this panel and the metal is not exactly this best, I just hope I have went about it, in the best way as again my mate is doing the welding, any way a few pictures of the progress.

ImageIMG_3903 by GLscoot, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3912 by GLscoot, on Flickr

ImageIMG_3911 by GLscoot, on Flickr
ducksta

hope it goes well m8, do you have speed bumps up your way tailpipe looks low wouldnt last 2 mins in york :D :D
live life your a long time dead
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Exhaust looks good Gary..... I like the vented side panel as well.
Did the GS160 rim help sort your wheel alignment issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
a.lo.v2
Main scooter: sx 200

great scoot and the exhaust looks nice... but i have always had reservations about curlys that they put the exhaust gas in front of the rear wheel with the oil that the gas obviously contains. this exhaust seems to be more pronounced at the direction to the area and ground in front of the contact patch. i dont want to knock anyones work and my concerns may not be justified but would urge caution to keep everyone safe.
Shaunbond

To be fair I don't think it looks any lower than say a PM pipes can. But they too are low.

Maybe a 90degree tailcan exit pipe (like PM offer) would help exit the gases away from the rear Tyre area.

Looking good Gary, like it. Anything away from the norm is good for me. :D
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information