Lambretta mag housing nightmare, all help appreciated !

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Egger
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150 special

Its off !

Lots of heat, a bolt in the end of the crank and after a sound beating it finally it came out.

Thanks again guys much appreciated.
coaster

Egger wrote:Its off !

Lots of heat, a bolt in the end of the crank and after a sound beating it finally it came out.

Well done that man....now you've done that you have the delight of removing the drive side bearing retaining plate, make sure you have a large. sharp edged screwdriver to hand 8-)
bazza3004

Or a decent impact driver as the screws can be as much fun as your flywheel housing was !
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

bazza3004 wrote:Or a decent impact driver as the screws can be as much fun as your flywheel housing was !
I really like the allen-head oil seal plate screws. Made of incredibly soft metal, which someone has loctited in place.,...just one turn to round the head off!
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
lambro

I used to do that,

Then I was on the receiving end the other week,
I will never do it again, promise.
gaz_powell

"I really like the allen-head oil seal plate screws. Made of incredibly soft metal, which someone has loctited in place.,...just one turn to round the head off!"

Ha ha had a few of them - nothing worse than opened an engine up and seen them rounded

Not so bad when brand new and you have a decent hex head tool to install and strip - i use a socket attachment not an allen key.

My last two builds i went back to sloted screws (from SR)

Gaz
Egger
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150 special

coaster wrote:

Well done that man....now you've done that you have the delight of removing the drive side bearing retaining plate, make sure you have a large. sharp edged screwdriver to hand 8-)
:shock: Been staring at it for the last 20 mins wondering why I put myself through it !
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Egger wrote:
coaster wrote:

:shock: Been staring at it for the last 20 mins wondering why I put myself through it !
cos its like a tall mountain innit " cos its there....."

If you use an Impact screwdriver thingy, make sure its body is not touching the inside of the mag housing area as you wack it- if it is touching its possible to put a burr or a slight indentation therein, which means a pig of a job getting the mag housing off again- I speak from bitter experience.....!

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

bristolmod wrote:
If you use an Impact screwdriver thingy, make sure its body is not touching the inside of the mag housing area as you wack it- if it is touching its possible to put a burr or a slight indentation therein, which means a pig of a job getting the mag housing off again- I speak from bitter experience.....!

Chris
fit an exstension bar to ya impact drivr from a 1/2" drive soket set
C’est la vie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information