205 kit re-vamp

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
kevspeed

Right,after re- doing my Taffspeed stage 4 200 kit,i moved on to getting my Yamaha 200 kit back together.As thats almost finished,im now looking to sort out my two Honda 205's.
I have now resigned myself to the fact that no one has oversize pistons for these anymore,so im seeking an alternative.
Im sure i read somewhere that a Suzuki PE 250 piston is suitable,now if this is correct,and im hoping someone on here is in the know,is it a direct replacement,or is shortening required,or packing of the barrel,or what?
Any info greatfully received ;)
Last edited by kevspeed on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spanish Fly
Main scooter: P200e

Thought Suzuki was 18mm pin? :?

SF
kevspeed

Sure is,but on a Suzuki 225 kit i had many moons ago,the piston had bushes fitted inside to adapt the Lambretta pin to fit.
stokky

hmmmm, been down this route myself previously.

One of the big Honda spares dealers does actually have some oversize MTX200 pistons (Honda 205), if I remember correctly about 3 oversizes.
Problem really is you can't get the rings anywhere.

I held out, and managed to pick up a brand new MTX200 piston and rings off one of the BSSO racers.

You might want to put out a wanted add, they are still a few out there
kevspeed

Ive emailed Honda dealers all over Europe with no results,but ill stick a wanted ad on just for the hell of it!!
shocky

I thought MBD could offer an alternative i though maybe incorrectly that they doblank pistons and con machine the geogen pin and crown to suit
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

stew
Main scooter: Series 1 and series 2

There was a thread about the same subject on the old LCGB forum and it seems you are not alone ( me included) maybe someone will realise there may be a market for old school conversions.
Loud pipes save lives!!
kevspeed

Looks like a no go for a Honda MTX piston kit,so,i now have a Piaggio Ape rod ready to fit to a crankshaft,a Suzuki PE 250 piston kit first oversize,and all the other bits and bobs to get it sorted.
All i need to know is how much to remove or pack out and from where!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information