breakdown and claims

Who do YOU insure your scooter with, give recommendations and opinions...
RobD

When you try and renew your car insurance don't be surprised if they ask about a claim that you haven't declared...
dennis
Main scooter: 1 gp 1 special

Thackers, It's not on the insurance it's in the reminder paperwork.
coaster

dennis wrote:Thackers, It's not on the insurance it's in the reminder paperwork.
I refer you to my earlier post, Carol Nash told me there is no connection whatsoever between recovery claims and motoring claims. There is a limit on the number of recoveries within each year (5 I think) but that is it.
dennis

Not what it said on my renewal,read the words on my 1st post, even yamlams broker said red star were loosing out,i don't think these companies are doing us any favours, at the end of the they'll all cotton on to money to be made out their.
coaster

dennis wrote:Not what it said on my renewal,read the words on my 1st post, even yamlams broker said red star were loosing out,i don't think these companies are doing us any favours, at the end of the they'll all cotton on to money to be made out their.
I still say it's a problem with your particular insurer, Carol Nash also use Equity Red Star for the policy but the recovery is through AXA and using it does not affect to main policy. The guy I spoke to at Carol Nash was very clear about it. Not saying your policy doesn't say it, just that different brokers arrange different policies with the same insurer so you just need to change brokers.
dennis

Changed broker as i said a couple of posts back, what pissed me of was the people i used before are highly recommended on here, think they rely on people not shopping around, anyway i'm off to Brighton for a long rest now,yeah right, see ya.
YAMLAM

Strange , i spoke to Carol Nash, told them about the mods to both my bikes (TS1,amal, blah ,blah blah, ) and they quoted me 4 GRAND !!!!!! I told them i was with equity Red Star already and that they wanted £102.00 but because of the Breakdown clause i was looking else where .
here`s whats written on the demands and needs Report.

Please note that under a classic policy you do not build up a no claims discount

please also note if you make a claim under the breakdown cover this will be recorded as a claim and registered by the insurer on the claims and underwriting exchange. these claims will need to be declared to insurers when applying or renewing your motor insurances. if you would prefer a separate breakdown policy please contact us.
win or lose have a booze
coaster

YAMLAM wrote:Strange , i spoke to Carol Nash, told them about the mods to both my bikes (TS1,amal, blah ,blah blah, ) and they quoted me 4 GRAND !!!!!! I told them i was with equity Red Star already and that they wanted £102.00 but because of the Breakdown clause i was looking else where .
here`s whats written on the demands and needs Report.

Please note that under a classic policy you do not build up a no claims discount

please also note if you make a claim under the breakdown cover this will be recorded as a claim and registered by the insurer on the claims and underwriting exchange. these claims will need to be declared to insurers when applying or renewing your motor insurances. if you would prefer a separate breakdown policy please contact us.
I presume that 4k was a mistake, what did they come back with? And the quote was from your current Red Star policy? The separate breakdown policy is what CN uses, mine's through AXA.
YAMLAM

The guy at CN said they had a panel of 20 companies they use, 19 woudn`t quote, and one was quoting 4 grand.
the £102.00 was my renewal quote from Equity red star via TR Youngs. but the new clause about breakdowns put me off.thats when i phoned CN.
win or lose have a booze
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information