Li 150 Gearbox Servetta and Innocenti

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bsso78

Series2 Spanish boxes are the same ratio as Italian li150. I have never seen a Spanish series 3 box that is the same as Italian, all the ones I have come across have a very tall 4th gear. Of course that doesn't mean cos I haven't seen one doesn't mean early ones weren't fitted with them mind. ;)
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

The OP asked about the difference, so I presumed he meant the ones that were different... :roll: and answered accordingly.

My 1970 special had the big gap box and when I got it I knew it hadn't been to bits.

In the case here the only way to know what's in there is to get the box out and count the teeth then check out the published info either in Sticky's book or on the online calculator, since it's likely unless you know they're original then it's guesswork what's actually in there.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

shocky wrote:Not all spanish li gearboxes have the big jump infact ive never seen one and ive stripped lots of spanish 150 engins if each gear has the same amount of teeth as the italian then they are exactly the same

Series 2 li150 are the same, S3 are the ones with the big jump.
Donnie.
eibarlad

My 67 Spanish LI silver special has the tall 4 th
soullad
Dealer

Lamaddict wrote:
bristolmod wrote:
Lamaddict wrote:Thanks Rosscla, I also have a Li125 italian box any views on that?
depends- is it an early one or a late one?

Early LI125 boxes were fitted to S1 S2 and early S3 125's and are good for sidecar use. Ratios 9;12;16;19 and 51;42;39;35

However, late LI125 boxes are the same as LI150 Special (Pacemaker) boxes. 11;13;17;19 and 50;41;39;35

Chris
It's an early 125 gearbox, don't know whether that's good or bad, can't see me using a sidecar. The other Li150 gearboxes are Servetta Special ones???
Early ones are a great box, often little use / wear, great 1st gear ratio for pulling away fully loaded and / or 2 Up, with 18 x 47 gives 4.8, often a nice ratio for torquey Clubman style setups which then gives the clutch an easier life and so on .....
its a keeper ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information