GT big block experiance : New GT crank info added

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eden
Dealer

very true, I had got complacent tbh.. you can hear from earlier videos that I normally moan like f@@k if a station has no super yet at that garage for some reason I just thought f@@k it and put s**t in my tank.. its inexplicable, I have no idea what came over me :(

No I didn't have a temp gauge of any kind that was working that day, everything I have that works is on my winter model lol. im not taking stuff off that to put on the GP just because im currently using the GP. I don't have an endless supply of disposable cash,,,, in fact im skint!
coaster

eden wrote:No I didn't have a temp gauge of any kind that was working that day, everything I have that works is on my winter model lol. im not taking stuff off that to put on the GP just because im currently using the GP. I don't have an endless supply of disposable cash,,,, in fact im skint!
Not meant as a criticism of any sort, just feeling the frustration and trying to think of some safeguards. I've got both on my Avanti but the EGT isn't currently working and don't have either on my TS1 :oops:
eden
Dealer

Got the barrel back tonight but its too tight at just under 3 thou so its gone away again to have some more took out of it. pick it up tomorrow night.

Here is some footage from Saturday, its not easy keeping this many lambrettas together lol. it does show that the engine was running sound before that fking fill up at the Shell garage.

i'm two up with my Mrs on the back

watch in HD

eden
Dealer

GT kit Dyno graphs

Three engines on this graph.
blue line is my GT230 30mm PHBH and Fran race exhaust
red line is GT200 out of the box 30mm PHBH and Fran race exhaust (we later found out this had an air leak on the mag gasket face)
Green line is a tuned GT186 25mm carb filtered and MB devtour exhaust

GP Kevo
Main scooter: 1969 150 DL / GP225 TS1

How can Shell call that shite fuel saver? If it has a higher ethanol content then cars will get worse fuel economy and use more fuel. The oil companies like that. In the USA I experienced 10% worse fuel economy when running E10 compared to running non-ethanol gasoline in my '89 Honda Civic. I only ran my TS1 on non-ethanol Premium 93 Octane (US octane rating using (R+M)/2 formula) which is about the same as 98 octane in Europe.
Muttley McLadd

GP Kevo wrote:How can Shell call that shite fuel saver?
They can do what they like.. it's not as if anyone is going to boycott them with any degree of success.
CakeAndArseParty
eden
Dealer

Ive got the GT230 back up and running tonight, I didn't get back home from picking the barrel up till 7pm, between then and 10:30 ive done some mods to the piston im using (this time im using a Wossner Rapido piston @ 70.25 bore, just to test a hunch I have about the kit), rebuilt the engine, emptied the fuel tank and cleaned, taken the tap of and cleaned, change the fuel line and put the engine back in the scooter.
Its ready for a test ride to work in the morning :)
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

following on from your Piston/ethanol problem……..I could not get my
RT225 Eng / 30m Carb to idle properly and figured it was a blocked pilot
or choke jet……..so pulled the carb…stripped and would you believe it
one of the floats was filled with petrol :shock: ++ it is sealed in there :?
Anyone else seen or experienced this ? Self sealing Petrol ? WTF :lol: G.

coaster

Mr G in NYC wrote:.......one of the floats was filled with petrol :shock: ++ it is sealed in there :?
Anyone else seen or experienced this ? Self sealing Petrol ? WTF :lol: G.
I've seen exactly the same thing G, no visible leak but if you leave it over night or put it somewhere warm the petrol will evaporate.
The leak will be along the seam between the top and bottom halves. Mine happened 2 days before leaving for Gijon :roll:
Mr G in NYC
Main scooter: SX200

So that would be another spare we have to carry :lol: G.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information